interesting quotes from roy boy last nite | Syracusefan.com

interesting quotes from roy boy last nite

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
"There's no question we're feeling stress," UNC coach Roy Williams said. "You do that at North Carolina, you're not supposed to lose."

"When you go to school here and you coach here as an assistant, and you come back and coach here, it's a feeling of ownership and it's a feeling of pride," Williams said. "And right now I'm not doing a very good job with this basketball team. That's the hardest thing there is that I've ever had to say."

paige also had this to say

"We're a little shook, 0-2 in league play is not the way we expected to start," said guardMarcus Paige. "Everyone faces a little adversity here and there. I know we have guys who are not ready to give in and quit, but this group is tough enough to make things happen. We just have to change."

feeling stress? we're a little shook? we have to change? theyre a fragile team right now, we come out and punch them in the mouth the first 10 minutes it could be an early TKO.

Is it just me or do others perceive Roy to be a stupid person? I mean dudes won a few times, wealthier than I'll ever be. But when I hear him talk I just think... dolt.

I have always felt that he must be smarter than he comes across . . . . . . then I watch him coach a game where he needs to call a TO to make an adjustment and he won't until they are down 15 and its almost to late. Then they come out of said TO playing the same strategy and I have to wonder if he told them play better on defense and make some shots for the whole TPO because they are doing the same thing. I don't see it but he does have a very good overall record two NC's and he's recruited well (if you can't recruit at KU and UNC you got problems) guess the players like him.

"And right now I'm not doing a very good job with this basketball team. That's the hardest thing there is that I've ever had to say."

I'm sorry, can you imagine Boeheim saying something so sad sack like this? How does this motivate his players? Is this the same man who made them all attend 5 a.m. practice after one of their losses? Who is this man??

That's Roy being passive-aggressive. I've seen him throw his guys under the bus on numerous occasions. I said it in another thread. Larranaga outcoached him. Roy can't deal with zone. I'm sure he see's it like the TV analysts. Put a guy at the top of the key, dump down or hit the 12 footer. He's toast tomorrow.

"There's no question we're feeling stress," UNC coach Roy Williams said. "You do that at North Carolina, you're not supposed to lose."

"When you go to school here

does he not read the news about the academic issues his school has

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom