Interesting Stat about last year's Pinstripe Bowl | Syracusefan.com

Interesting Stat about last year's Pinstripe Bowl

Alsacs

Living Legend
The 2012 New Era Pinstripe Bowl, featuring a 38-14 Syracuse victory over West Virginia, recorded a 3.9 household coverage rating. For bowls played prior to New Year’s Day, only the Chick-fil-A Bowl (5.6 HH cvg rtg) and the Alamo Bowl (4.8 HH cvg rtg) recorded better overall ratings. After drawing a 2.5 total rating in 2011, the New Era Pinstripe Bowl’s 56% ratings increase was the second-largest for all bowls on ESPN this past season through Jan. 1, 2013. Only the Armed Forces Bowl (+62%) bested the New Era Pinstripe Bowl for largest HH increase in 2012 vs. 2011.
ACC press release about Pinstripe Bowl

but but but.....insert customary rutgers nyc tv ratings draw post here. ;)

Rutgers does OK in the NY market.

It's just that everywhere else in the country couldn't possibly care less about them.

;)

I would send that to the big ten office,but greydork might answer the call

I would send that to the big ten office,but greydork might answer the call

He wouldn't be able to answer the phone. Both hands are "occupied"...Delaney and Urban Meyer.

People LOVE watching games in the snow.

It's a scientific fact.

It is! I took a science class once and I watched the game, ergo, scientific fact. Of course, there may have been a couple of intervening decades between the two instances, but that's not important.

The 2012 New Era Pinstripe Bowl, featuring a 38-14 Syracuse victory over West Virginia, recorded a 3.9 household coverage rating. For bowls played prior to New Year’s Day, only the Chick-fil-A Bowl (5.6 HH cvg rtg) and the Alamo Bowl (4.8 HH cvg rtg) recorded better overall ratings. After drawing a 2.5 total rating in 2011, the New Era Pinstripe Bowl’s 56% ratings increase was the second-largest for all bowls on ESPN this past season through Jan. 1, 2013. Only the Armed Forces Bowl (+62%) bested the New Era Pinstripe Bowl for largest HH increase in 2012 vs. 2011.
ACC press release about Pinstripe Bowl

These ratings are skewed since I had to turn my tv off early to head up to the BBall game.

These ratings are skewed since I had to turn my tv off early to head up to the BBall game.
A true Rutgirls fan leaves his TV on for the mythical ratings bump.

The Alamo Bowl with Oregon State and Texas had the lead-in of the Pinstripe Bowl in primetime. So while the snow may have helped I think the Saturday time slot helped and SU-WVU was a good decent matchup.