Interesting stat from David Hale | Syracusefan.com

Interesting stat from David Hale

Never going to turn down a big play. But, for these last games, would rather see us do sustained scoring drives, with double digit 1st downs. Shortening the game, and keeping opponents' offense off the field is the way to go, imo.

Never going to turn down a big play. But, for these last games, would rather see us do sustained scoring drives, with double digit 1st downs. Shortening the game, and keeping opponents' offense off the field is the way to go, imo.
It's how the Packers just beat the Cardinals, how the Titans could win the AFC, and how the Giants beat the Bills in the Norwood super bowl, old school football.

It's how the Packers just beat the Cardinals, how the Titans could win the AFC, and how the Giants beat the Bills in the Norwood super bowl, old school football.

Well, till Derrick Henry went down for what might be the season

There's a lot of ways to win games - I don't think we can afford to be too choosy. I prefer the "get points" however they come method.

The key to football on offense was first down. Teams that get chunks on first down always are more successful than teams that don’t. It sounds simple but too many teams give up first down plays too easily. That’s not experiment time. That’s run your best play time. Experiment on 2nd and short

Lou being so low is interesting.. that QB makes a bunch of plays but watching them thats all they do. Big play or nothing and they allow a ton.

Also our “explosive” plays are just generally our normal plays that turn into something. Tucker and Shredder runs are examples. I bet we are the leader in explosive run plays.
most teams get big plays on blown pass coverages. That was most of what BC got.. We get so few of those and still get a bunch. Add a couple of those a game and we have an offense.

most teams get big plays on blown pass coverages. That was most of what BC got.. We get so few of those and still get a bunch. Add a couple of those a game and we have an offense.
Yeah I don’t think I recall a team with so many big plays that were not blown coverage pass plays but just “normal” run plays. Shows how special Tucker and Shredder are

Cuse fits in the top quadrant of "Good Offense + Good Defense" when it comes to the delta between "explosive plays on offense" and "explosive plays allowed on defense."
look a that stat in the upper left.. bad offense good D.

Mich/Ind/Iowa/Purdue/Wisc/Psu/Minn/Ind.. Half the b10 is there..

then add NW/ILL/Rut/MD in the lower Quandrant

maybe the B10 D isnt that good its just a lot of bad offenses

sad much of the top 25 is in the top right.. we really have not gotten much from a pretty decent year with the stats.

sad much of the top 25 is in the top right.. we really have not gotten much from a pretty decent year with the stats.
Yeah watching Iowa trying to throw the ball makes Gilbert look like Bill Walsh

game after game of highlights and guys running 10 yds open for long TDs.. what have we had maybe 3-4 all yr? with teams playing the run so much you would think every game we would see one of those but we dont.

Look who's in the bottom left quadrant. :D

game after game of highlights and guys running 10 yds open for long TDs.. what have we had maybe 3-4 all yr? with teams playing the run so much you would think every game we would see one of those but we dont.

Maybe I'm misreading your post, but didn't we just have two in Saturday's game? We've had quite a few long runs for TDs past 10 yards. Heck we had at least one the weekend before.

Seriously, if we can just get Shrader to be at least a tad more accurate throwing in the offseason and in sync with our receivers we should look good for the next couple of years on offense. WR's probably still wont be great but with some incremental improvement and some young guy development that is all we need. on Defense the LB's and DB personell shouldn't be much different next year, just a year more seasoned with some additional youth. Really just need to pound the portal hard on the DL as everyone but Okechuku and Harper will be departing. That has to be priority number 1. Seems we should be able to get some guys there as there is such a need and opportunity for them to do well in a good defense where they can be aggressive and penetrate. Seems like a great opportunity.

Maybe I'm misreading your post, but didn't we just have two in Saturday's game? We've had quite a few long runs for TDs past 10 yards. Heck we had at least one the weekend before.
yeah long runs.. but when was the last long TD pass into a blown coverage? Albany and? I bet wake has had 10-15 this season..

We run so much no safeties rolling up no DBs rolling up. Now there have been guys open deep we havent seen or thrown too on occasion.

yeah long runs.. but when was the last long TD pass into a blown coverage? Albany and? I bet wake has had 10-15 this season..

We run so much no safeties rolling up no DBs rolling up. Now there have been guys open deep we havent seen or thrown too on occasion.

Ok, I can get on board about long passes, BUT we just did have one that beat VTech. Passing is certainly an issue, right now. We are running the ball on another level.

Hard when you throw 15 times a game. The wake guy throws 55 times

Ok, I can get on board about long passes, BUT we just did have one that beat VTech. Passing is certainly an issue, right now. We are running the ball on another level.
yeah we had one but was not a blown coverage or even really all the open..

yeah we had one but was not a blown coverage or even really all the open..
Yeah that was a freakin miracle

Hard when you throw 15 times a game. The wake guy throws 55 times
i will give you that.. all the more reason though to have a few blown ones for us. but he doesnt really throw that much.. look at the games

29/29/31/29/40/32/29/41/ around 30..

The BC game turned on 3 explosive plays. Tucker had 2 or 3 other chunk plays. Certainly that is great, and exciting, but it shows how much we depend on Tucker’s speed and Shrader’s running for counters. Jackson is the only receiver who puts up consistent numbers. Not much balance, not as many weapons as you might like. Need these 3 guys, and the OL starters, to stay healthy. And they have to do it against defenses that can stack up, knowing what we have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom