Interesting.. | Syracusefan.com

Interesting..

I guess Gross and Cantor subscribe to the theory that the northeast can only support so many successful programs. So now that Rutgers got a lifeline and puts another school in the major conference fray, too-bad-so-sad-you-lose UConn.

Pin this to the top so in the year 2030 when UConn is in the B1G we can point to this that SU blocked them from the ACC.

Football is what drives the bus Syracuse knows this.

I'm pleased to hear Florida State and Clemson were on board. Maybe the ACC departure rumors will quiet down.

Pin this to the top so in the year 2030 when UConn is in the B1G we can point to this that SU blocked them from the ACC.

entrepreneurial-sky-is-falling.png

I'm pleased to hear Florida State and Clemson were on board. Maybe the ACC departure rumors will quiet down.

lesser of 3 evils or is that 4 evils, can't keep track

Of course SU wants the ville in for ACC stability purposes, it is either that or some other conference will grab them.

Meanwhile...

Kevin Nathan ‏@KevinNathanNBC
Sources tell me 4 ACC schools gave UConn support: Wake Forest, Duke, North Carolina and Virginia. More at 6 on @nbcconnecticut.

UConn had support from the academic core of the conference apparently. Too bad for them it's an athletics conference.

I'm picturing Steve Buscemi in Billy Madison, crossing those 4 schools off his kill list, and then putting on his lipstick.

Meanwhile...

Kevin Nathan ‏@KevinNathanNBC
Sources tell me 4 ACC schools gave UConn support: Wake Forest, Duke, North Carolina and Virginia. More at 6 on @nbcconnecticut.

UConn had support from the academic core of the conference apparently. Too bad for them it's an athletics conference.

Well, if true, then one of them sold them out.

Well, if true, then one of them sold them out.

Who knows. That tweet doesn't say that they *didn't* support Louisville, just that they supported UConn.

I don't imagine UConn even came up for a vote. They knew they had the votes for UL and I'm sure they voted on that then retired to their breakfast chamber for canteloupe and tea and a vigorous reading of the New York Times (or whatever these college President nerds do at 7am).

Who knows. That tweet doesn't say that they *didn't* support Louisville, just that they supported UConn.

I don't imagine UConn even came up for a vote. They knew they had the votes for UL and I'm sure they voted on that then retired to their breakfast chamber for canteloupe and tea and a vigorous reading of the New York Times (or whatever these college President nerds do at 7am).

You're right, of course. All I am saying is that someone in that group voted for L'Ville in order for them to have the necessary votes.

OK, that sounds to "insider". Link us to your live video feed of the camera you have in Swofford's conference room.

Just because it's reported that SU heavily supported Louisville doesn't mean doesn't mean they didn't support UConn too. There can be only one invite right now, and Louisville is the better option. They are the better of the two athletic departments by far. TGD is no dummy. He knows what's at stake here. If Louisville is the card (no pun) that buys time, then so be it.

The schools that wanted UConn probably went for academics, but I'm sure they also didn't want another Top 10 BBall program joining up. It makes it harder to skip through the conference season and pad your win totals. ;). UConn is down right now, in both major sports. That is terrible timing for them. If expansion had happened in 2008, it cold very well have been SU that was frozen out. You never know.

I guess Gross and Cantor subscribe to the theory that the northeast can only support so many successful programs. So now that Rutgers got a lifeline and puts another school in the major conference fray, too-bad-so-sad-you-lose UConn.

Bingo.

Felt this way from the moment SU teamed up with Pitt to join the ACC.

BC went to ACC to separate itself from UConn.

Syracuse feels the same. Too many mouths.

I would like to know how Syracuse feels about Rutgers joining the B1G. Can't be happy.

Now they have to hope that UConn doesn't join the B1G. I'm not so sure it doesn't happen.