Internicola | Syracusefan.com

Internicola

yup. Just made it official today. But they've been the leader from the start

Kind of wondering if we're going to take another LB in this class anyway. Figure as the roster stands now, we've got Hodge and Carter in this class, Washington and potentially McFarlane from last class, Vigille a RF, Dy Davis and Lynch both Sophs, and Spruill and Coker both JR's. 9 deep as it stands right now for the 2013 season.

Kind of wondering if we're going to take another LB in this class anyway. Figure as the roster stands now, we've got Hodge and Carter in this class, Washington and potentially McFarlane from last class, Vigille a RF, Dy Davis and Lynch both Sophs, and Spruill and Coker both JR's. 9 deep as it stands right now for the 2013 season.
you are right on. Not sure there's any room for more. Besides, I like Carter and Hodge better than Internicola anyway

Syracuse was never in it and I even question the alleged SU offer. Rutgers article said they recruited him as a DE.

IMO, Syracuse still needs another LB.

Syracuse was never in it and I even question the alleged SU offer. Rutgers article said they recruited him as a DE.

I agree. A MLB with D-1 size.

second or 3rd(?) recruit ru has beaten us out of. i need to look at all the d-1 recruits from nj and where they are going----as i keep saying in all the years that we were good we were loaded with nj players

Sounds like he might be a bit big/slow to play LB. last report on TOS was he was close to 255-260 lbs.

If he's falling in the DE bucket I doubt he ends up here unless we miss out on EO and some of the FL DE's we're involved with.

Probably right as far as a MLB, I guess the point I was going for is that I'm not convinced we were still recruiting Internicola.

second or 3rd(?) recruit ru has beaten us out of. i need to look at all the d-1 recruits from nj and where they are going----as i keep saying in all the years that we were good we were loaded with nj players

Oh good grief ... its the second ... and frankly the two that we were beaten out for weren't being all that heavily recruited ... with the exception of Klecko and Nash the top half of their recruits aren't even from NJ ... how many times do we have to bemoan this fact? When we start beating them lead by an all NYC defensive line and a Texas QB then can we just let it go?

I really hope SU can get an in with Nick Sorrenti of Maine-Endwell (Binghamton area). Kid is just a football player and a good linebacker- with good size. Word around town is that he wants Pedophile State though, so he may be a tough get.

I'm not convinced we were still recruiting Internicola.

Neither am I, and it's not because he's going to Rutgers. It's because they recruited him as a DE and the scuttlebut is that he's too slow to be a LB. Syracuse would not have offered him as a DE.

Oh good grief ... its the second ... and frankly the two that we were beaten out for weren't being all that heavily recruited ... with the exception of Klecko and Nash the top half of their recruits aren't even from NJ ... how many times do we have to bemoan this fact? When we start beating them lead by an all NYC defensive line and a Texas QB then can we just let it go?
7 nj players out of 13 so far

7 nj players out of 13 so far

7 of 13 what?

Here's NJ top 30

#1 Eli Woodard DB Voorhees, NJEastern 6'1" 185 Ohio St.

#2 Garrett Sickels DE Little Silver, NJRed Bank Regional 6'4" 245 Penn St.

#3 Greg Webb DT Sicklerville, NJTimber Creek 6'2" 290 Penn St.

#4 Kevin Olsen QB Wayne, NJWayne Hills 6'3" 196 Miami (FL)

#5 Al-Quadin Muhammad DE Ramsey, NJDon Bosco Prep 6'4" 225

#6 Brendan Mahon OL Randolph, NJRandolph 6'5" 315 Penn St.

#7 Nadir Barnwell ATH Piscataway, NJPiscataway 5'11" 180

#8 Tashawn Bower DE Somerville, NJImmaculata 6'5" 241 Auburn

#9 Rashad Kinlaw ATH Galloway, NJAbsegami 6'2" 184 Notre Dame

#10 Corey Clement RB Glassboro, NJGlassboro 5'11" 205 Pittsburgh

#11 Brad Henson OL Toms River, NJMonsignor Donovan 6'5" 275 Virginia

#12 Dajaun Drennon DE Sicklerville, NJTimber Creek 6'3" 230

#13 Tre Bell DB Jersey City, NJSt. Peter's Prep 5'11" 170 Florida

#14 Myles Nash ATH Sicklerville, NJTimber Creek 6'5" 205 Rutgers

#15 Buddy Brown LB Williamstown, NJWilliamstown 6'3" 205 Temple

#16 Marcell Lazard OL Bloomfield, NJBloomfield 6'6" 293 West Virginia

#17 Zaire Williams RB Sicklerville, NJTimber Creek 5'11" 188

#18 Dorian Miller OL Metuchen, NJMetuchen 6'2" 295

#19 Ricky Jeune WR Montvale, NJSt. Joseph's 6'2" 190

#20 Kyle Queiro ATH Oradell, NJBergen Catholic 6'3" 185 Northwestern

#21 Brandon Bell LB Mays Landing, NJOakcrest 6'1" 224 Penn St.

#22 Jarred Alwan LB Cherry Hill, NJCamden Catholic 6'0" 212

#23 Al-Rasheed Benton LB Newark, NJShabazz 6'2" 220

#24 Anthony Cioffi DB Springfield, NJJonathan Dayton Regional 5'11" 170 Rutgers

#25 Anthony Averett ATH Woodbury, NJWoodbury 6'1" 175 Alabama

#26 Eric Wiafe DE Egg Harbor Township, NJEgg Harbor Township 6'5" 258 Rutgers

#27 Justin Goodwin ATH Madison, NJMadison 5'11" 180 Rutgers

#28 Kyle LaPorte ATH Piscataway, NJPiscataway 5'10" 175

#29 Damon Mitchell ATH Egg Harbor City, NJCedar Creek 6'2" 175

#30 Hunter Knighton DT Princeton, NJHun School 6'5" 265

Question: 7 out of 13 what?

Out of 13 commits to Rutgers, 7 are NJ kids.

Of those 7, four are 3-star prospects. A RB/CB is described as "under recruited" -- similar to what we say from time to time.

We can spin this a lot of ways . . .

Question: 7 out of 13 what?

Out of 13 commits to Rutgers, 7 are NJ kids.

Of those 7, four are 3-star prospects. A RB/CB is described as "under recruited" -- similar to what we say from time to time.

We can spin this a lot of ways . . .
7 of 13 what?

Here's NJ top 30

Congrats you failed reading comprehension ... what I said was of Rutgers recruits only 2 of what is considered their top 9 are from NJ ... one of those other 9 is from NY ... If they are leaving their own state to get better talent then we shouldn't worry about recruiting heavy there either ... do I need to translate this to another language or something? I don't care about how a recruit stacks up in his own state ... its how they stack up against the nation because like it or not that is who you are competing against ... we aren't out running around seeing who can field the best team based on the talent in one state ... the top 30 in NJ can not hang with the top 30 in quite a few other states so can we please just give it a rest already?

Congrats you failed reading comprehension ... what I said was of Rutgers recruits only 2 of what is considered their top 9 are from NJ ... one of those other 9 is from NY ... If they are leaving their own state to get better talent then we shouldn't worry about recruiting heavy there either ... do I need to translate this to another language or something? I don't care about how a recruit stacks up in his own state ... its how they stack up against the nation because like it or not that is who you are competing against ... we aren't out running around seeing who can field the best team based on the talent in one state ... the top 30 in NJ can not hang with the top 30 in quite a few other states so can we please just give it a rest already?

I think that list actually shows the exact opposite of what you are saying. Look at the schools all the top kids in NJ are picking. Those aren't Toledo's or Akrons, they're Ohio St, Penn St, Notre Dame, Miami and Alabama. If factories are recruiting NJ like that, to say we shouldn't be looking at these kids is kinda stupid, no?

I think that list actually shows the exact opposite of what you are saying. Look at the schools all the top kids in NJ are picking. Those aren't Toledo's or Akrons, they're Ohio St, Penn St, Notre Dame, Miami and Alabama. If factories are recruiting NJ like that, to say we shouldn't be looking at these kids is kinda stupid, no?

Actually looking at them is stupid if you think you will beat those schools out for those kids at this point ... its hard enough to win against ND in our own state ... honestly? And again my point is they might have a few top 30 guys in NJ but yet they aren't even their highest rated recruits, like the guys they are pulling from PA, FL et al ... I am not sure why people have a hard time grasping the insanity of the NJ argument. There are guys in the top 100 in some states that would be in the NJ top 25, period ... do I need to put this on a white board or something?

And what does it say that Laviano a NY kid we didn't even offer is a higher rated recruit then all but one of the "Top 30" NJ kids that RU landed? Sorry but Marrone and company are doing the right things and this will pay dividends down the road .. if we start winning the battles for AE and EO and start nailing down every big name city kid and still pulling good players from GA, TX, FL and OH then Jersey can fall off into the ocean. I have said it before and I'll say it again ... don't care what state a kid comes from as long as he improves the program and wants to be at SU ... what perplexes me is this idiotic insistence that NJ will cure our woes ...

To make matters worse the top kid in NJ isn't even in the top 10 of OSU recruits ... he is behind players from OH, TX, FL, CA and MO. There is a reason there is a top 30 in NJ and a top 100 in GA, FL, CA, TX and etc ...

7 of 13 what?

Here's NJ top 30

they have 13 commitments and 7 are from nj, by the way thankyou for this list!! i like to see who's recruiting them. i think thst is a better indicator than stars---although i believe somewhat in the star system

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom