Intresting Bowl Projections | Syracusefan.com

Intresting Bowl Projections

Yes, that is interesting.

It's based on the premise that the Russell Athletic bowl picks Cincy over Rutgirls.
I wouldn't mind it, but others here would be upset.

Against 6-6 Duke? If that happens, what a way to feel nauseated on a Sunday morning.

This would imply that if Compass gets stuck with Pitt again, they're allowed to pass.

I believe that if GA Tech is allowed to play they go to the Sun. Which means VT goes Belking and Cincy cannot go.

Must be the master plan of the Big ten to get Rutgers in the pinstripe. Another Ace in the hole for Delany and the Big Ten to get cable subscription in NYC.

Axe is also tweeting this morning that Belk is not out of the picture as of yet:

Brent Axe@BrentAxeMedia
Again, I'm not reporting they are going to the Belk Bowl. Just saying Belk Bowl officials really like Syracuse as a possible opponent.

1hBrent Axe@BrentAxeMedia
Not to go all Adam Schefter on you here, but heard from a couple sources last night that the Belk Bowl "strongly considered" SU. We'll see.

Much rather play B12(other than Iowa St) in Pinstripe or SEC in Compass than Duke or NCSt. Only ACC team that would be interesting in the group under consideration is VT, and that's only because of history and opportunity to beat them again.

Much rather play B12(other than Iowa St) in Pinstripe or SEC in Compass than Duke or NCSt. Only ACC team that would be interesting in the group under consideration is VT, and that's only because of history and opportunity to beat them again.

Agreed, compass date works fine for me as well, went to a wedding in birmingham a few years ago, better spot than people are giving credit for. Compass offers best game for cuse, imo

Agreed, compass date works fine for me as well, went to a wedding in birmingham a few years ago, better spot than people are giving credit for. Compass offers best game for cuse, imo

My preferrence would be Baylor, Tech, TCU, or WVU but after that, anything but Duke or NCSt. And with Compass you have a 50/50 chance at late fall upstate NY golf conditions.

Strictly from fan interest give me Baylor in stripe or vt in belk. May sound nice to play an sec team in the compass, but that bowl is after everything is over. Absolute worst bowl.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Strictly from fan interest give me Baylor in stripe or vt in belk. May sound nice to play an sec team in the compass, but that bowl is after everything is over. Absolute worst bowl.

This.

And then when Syracuse doesn't sell its ticket allotment media will continue to push the argument that we don't travel with little regard to the timing location and travel challenges.

Anything but Duke or Iowa State (comforting to know the Beef Bowl is no longer in play with UConn's loss).

I wouldn't mind NC State. They will be a future annual opponent, get a head start on the new animosity.

Unless we're Big 10 bound, then forget what I just said.

We're always going to get the short stick because we don't travel well. We have to win the conference outright to get a choice bowl.

It's the sat. before the NC game, it's in the middle of BCS bowl week.

This.

And then when Syracuse doesn't sell its ticket allotment media will continue to push the argument that we don't travel with little regard to the timing location and travel challenges.

Well the best turn out for syracuse beside pinstripe is belk. There are a lot of upstate transplant in Carolina's. it is a 10 and a half hour drive from syracuse. I don't think turn out will be that bad for belk.

I know. After all other bowls are done (I think) and when everyone is focused on the NC. Tv will be 24 hour ND.

Everyone is bowled out by January 5. I clearly remember last year thinking, "Wow, Pitt has a game today.'' Unless you're playing in the NC game, you should be thinking hoops by January 5.

It would be my last choice.

Everyone is bowled out by January 5. I clearly remember last year thinking, "Wow, Pitt has a game today.'' Unless you're playing in the NC game, you should be thinking hoops by January 5.

It would be my last choice.

Matchup wise I would love to see them play in the compas bowl. Time wise it would suck ass to play on Jan 5th.

Matchup wise I would love to see them play in the compas bowl. Time wise it would suck ass to play on Jan 5th.

Unless you're playing in the NC (and I'm usually not thinking about college football on Jan. 7), the best time to be playing in a bowl is that period right after Christmas that runs into New Year's. Many people are home from work, hanging around. People expect to watch bowl games at that time, not on January 5.

A friend of mine whose son is a freshman at SU wants to go the bowl. He's off right after Christmas. He's not going to the Compass.

The basketball team plays the next day in Tampa at noon on Jan 6th

I could go to the Compass and have been to Birmingham before so give me that one against an SEC opponent.

I know. After all other bowls are done (I think) and when everyone is focused on the NC. Tv will be 24 hour ND.

It's also on NFL Wild Card Saturday and will get totally lost. Worst. Possible. Option.

It's also on NFL Wild Card Saturday and will get totally lost. Worst. Possible. Option.

I can assure you the Beef Bowl against CUSA is equally lost. They're both nothing more than a score reading along the ticker. There's no winning on this one so lets just hope we don't fall that far.

I'm preparing for the worst. I fully expect Compass. I'll watch it, of course. But nothing to get excited about.

When we were 2-4, I figured 4-8 or 5-7. So to be going bowling anywhere right now is a nice surprise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom