Iowa-Michigan State | Syracusefan.com

Iowa-Michigan State

Iowa was down 91-78 with 1:34 left and went on a 3 point barrage to get to overtime and looks like they will win in overtime. Never seen anything like that at the Power 5 level.

That headline is actually wrong. According to the gametracker, Iowa outscored MSU 23-12 in the last 1:34 but the last five threes happened in the last 40 seconds.

MSU made 12 out of 14 FT's in the last 1:34 and still lost.

Iowa’s style is fun to watch… but their defense makes them susceptible for upset in March. Trust them as far as you can throw them when filling out your bracket.

Must have been turnovers ?

Absolutely nuts. 23 in 1:34?? Impossible.

And ASU won on a buzzer beater from beyond half court.

Absolutely nuts. 23 in 1:34?? Impossible.

And ASU won on a buzzer beater from beyond half court.
Arizona should have missed the second foul shot on purpose. Don't give ASU a chance to inbound the ball with a full head of steam. In that situation, a 1 point and 2 point lead are the same thing.

McCaffrey is such a .

I remember him as Siena coach and watching games in Albany - I don’t remember him being nearly as cantankerous as he is at Iowa. Seems like he goes out of his way to agitate officials every game now.

How can MSU give up five threes in a minute playing man?
Imagine continuing to do this shtick while pretending to be some high school coach or whatever.

You can hit 3s vs man. No one said otherwise.

It much easier to shoot volume 3s vs zone. Do you want to argue that?

Arizona should have missed the second foul shot on purpose. Don't give ASU a chance to inbound the ball with a full head of steam. In that situation, a 1 point and 2 point lead are the same thing.

100%. It drives me crazy that coaches don’t instruct players to do that.

Pretty wild last two minutes. MSU actually made most of their free throws. Iowa just hit every shot they chucked up.

Exciting couple days of basketball in Iowa City

Iowa was down 91-78 with 1:34 left and went on a 3 point barrage to get to overtime and looks like they will win in overtime. Never seen anything like that at the Power 5 level.

MSt shot 59/73/86%, including 11 made 3s, and 12 more made FTs than Iowa and still lost; I'm not a Izzo fan so I'm happy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom