IPF Update | Syracusefan.com

IPF Update

44PRIDE

All Conference
11341689344_34d137f35c_c.jpg

That is the oldest trick in the book - put some construction equipment on the site and run recruits by it and say, "See, the IPF is going up." Beamer said that is what they did for two years.

Do you see any survey markers? That should tell you how close they are to getting started. Absolutely nothing is being done.

I'm no construction guy but doing work during winter doesn't seem too logical so waiting until march-april at this point would be likely

I'm no construction guy but doing work during winter doesn't seem too logical so waiting until march-april at this point would be likely
weather dont slow construction down -

Didn't someone say in another thread about this same topic that a lot of the work could be done offsite?

Didn't someone say in another thread about this same topic that a lot of the work could be done offsite?
even with off site fab- they still have gas powerlines to run foundations to dig and pour ect ect -when you see 5-10 porta cans the work has started

the whole project is only a about a 6 month thing. if they are prefabbing more stuff even less time to build.

the whole project is only a about a 6 month thing. if they are prefabbing more stuff even less time to build.
the heat and ac will take months alone- the prefab will be beams poured walls ect -the wiring plumbing flooring finishwork hvac takes time

From what I could see, there was no ground broken...no survey markers...no construction signage...no staging area for equipment or building supplies. What you see there is it. A storage container, a loader, a bobcat and one single porta-potty.

From what I could see, there was no ground broken...no survey markers...no construction signage...no staging area for equipment or building supplies. What you see there is it. A storage container, a loader, a bobcat and one single porta-potty.
The Porta-Potty is the key

I think once they start you will be amazed at how fast a glorified prefabbed pole barn can be built. What the other posters said is true, weather does not stop construction work...unless of course it is fixing re-doing 690 or the Thruway which always takes forever. The finish work, wiring, plumbing, HVAC and the like will take more time than the actual structure as a poster above stated.

Do you see any survey markers? That should tell you how close they are to getting started. Absolutely nothing is being done.

Let's see, they have had a ground breaking, Gross has made multiple specific declarations that it will be up by the start of the upcoming season, that material is being delivered currently, and now there is evidence of some activity on the site, but nothing is happening and it's all one big lie.

No matter what type of facility they are building they need to pour concrete(slab or foundation). Unless they are going to encompass the construction area in a heated dome to insure the temperature of the cement to not freeze with water molecules which cause stress fractures then they should wait until April or May.

first sign is national grid doing line work-next the prime contractors will move in the office trailers and hook up -then they start actual work

I have heard there might be a delay due to the city and some environmental impact concerns

No matter what type of facility they are building they need to pour concrete(slab or foundation). Unless they are going to encompass the construction area in a heated dome to insure the temperature of the cement to not freeze with water molecules which cause stress fractures then they should wait until April or May.
concrete produces a lot of heat - they have ways to do it now with chemical additives covers ,not saying they can when its -8 but if its above 30 they can do it

they also do a foundation around the outside and pour the inside after its closed up a bit

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom