Is anyone else looking at the commits we are getting & saying OMG we are going to have an offense | Syracusefan.com

Is anyone else looking at the commits we are getting & saying OMG we are going to have an offense

Alsacs

Living Legend
In the future that will make us a fun team to watch. As while I love SU FB we haven't been a fun team to watch outside of 2012 the last decade.

I am so giddy with all these WRs commits, we got the QB from NJ and RB from MI. I can't stop smiling even though I know its a process and this year is just tuning the system to get better for the future.

It seemed like Syracuse was left behind in the college football offensive revolution I feel like we finally traded in our old Black and White TV and purchased a plasma screen LED, HD, 50 inch flat screen.

It feels great to think about Syracuse football and the direction the program can go.

I'm really excited. I can see the plan coming into place with the recruit bonanza lately.

One might even say it's snowballing into something that can catch fire.

We've been excited since his name popped up. But yeah - it's fun to see the recruits take notice.

Camp and the season are going to be really fun.

In the future that will make us a fun team to watch. As while I love SU FB we haven't been a fun team to watch outside of 2012 the last decade.

I am so giddy with all these WRs commits, we got the QB from NJ and RB from MI. I can't stop smiling even though I know its a process and this year is just tuning the system to get better for the future.

It seemed like Syracuse was left behind in the college football offensive revolution I feel like we finally traded in our old Black and White TV and purchased a plasma screen LED, HD, 50 inch flat screen.

It feels great to think about Syracuse football and the direction the program can go.
good to hear. Between this and the above tailgate pinned posts it must mean it's time to start getting fired up with pre season early optimism. But the difference is that it appears not to be pie in the sky optomism and based on solid reality (if not this year the next generally trending in the right direction). Good to hear re recruiting but as someone who doesn't get a chance to follow that part close enough is there a link anywhere listing what you are talking about (without having to go through every thread on the recruiting board. If so thanks in advance

I just hope they hang in there even if this is a rough season! We need to show enough to make it compelling, which I'd bet we will.

That's so 2013. We have a 72 inch curved screen 4k monster to plug in!

I just hope they hang in there even if this is a rough season! We need to show enough to make it compelling, which I'd bet we will.
The scores should show that, though I believe the team goes bowling.

I am pretty darn excited too. And then I realize that HCDB and his staff have little or nothing concrete on the P5 level to show these kids. Well, that won't last long.

Eventually, we'll be able to show them scores/highlights -- not of BG or Eastern Illinois -- but from Syracuse and the Carrier Dome. Game changer.

I am confident we'll take an even bigger jump in talent procurement in the coming years. It'll likely closely coincide with our program's ability to emerge as THE destination among "Eastern Football."

Yes, there are only 6-7 P5 schools that fit this label, but when we do, it'll be a definite stride in the right direction. It's coming...

No I'm not convinced. I've had enough smoke blown up me arse to know I need to clench super tight when we hire a new coach. I'm excited about the hire and the change of direction but I refuse to go through another rinse cycle in the hype machine. We don't know if Babers' system can withstand a P5 schedule. We don't know if it still works when facing the DBs of top 25 contenders-not just directional Michigan. We don't know if Babers' will jump ship before even getting it fully installed. When we have an offense that averages 400+ yards per game and scores more than 13 points then I'll declare our offensive ineptitude to be a memory.

For the record I thought we'd have an offense when we recruited Perry Patterson, Cody Catalina, Andrew Baskin, Lavar Lobdell, Andrew Robinson, Zach Allen, Drew Allen, Ashton Broyld, KJ Williams, Averin Collier, etc.

I'm not knocking any of these kids but I've learned that my crystal ball was really just a magic 8-ball with tin foil wrapped around it.

No I'm not convinced. I've had enough smoke blown up me arse to know I need to clench super tight when we hire a new coach. I'm excited about the hire and the change of direction but I refuse to go through another rinse cycle in the hype machine. We don't know if Babers' system can withstand a P5 schedule. We don't know if it still works when facing the DBs of top 25 contenders-not just directional Michigan. We don't know if Babers' will jump ship before even getting it fully installed. When we have an offense that averages 400+ yards per game and scores more than 13 points then I'll declare our offensive ineptitude to be a memory.

For the record I thought we'd have an offense when we recruited Perry Patterson, Cody Catalina, Andrew Baskin, Lavar Lobdell, Andrew Robinson, Zach Allen, Drew Allen, Ashton Broyld, KJ Williams, Averin Collier, etc.

I'm not knocking any of these kids but I've learned that my crystal ball was really just a magic 8-ball with tin foil wrapped around it.

Difference being, Babers is a proven commodity, and not some assistant coach who hasn't proven that he can get the job done. And he brought nearly an entire staff with him who he's worked with before [except two of them].

I've been burned before, too, about some of those QB recruits. But there is a difference between blind optimism and optimism that stems from someone's extended track record of success. I'm not remotely worried about how this will translate at P5--P5 teams didn't slow BG down when they played them.

Pyle said:
No I'm not convinced. I've had enough smoke blown up me arse to know I need to clench super tight when we hire a new coach. I'm excited about the hire and the change of direction but I refuse to go through another rinse cycle in the hype machine. We don't know if Babers' system can withstand a P5 schedule. We don't know if it still works when facing the DBs of top 25 contenders-not just directional Michigan. We don't know if Babers' will jump ship before even getting it fully installed. When we have an offense that averages 400+ yards per game and scores more than 13 points then I'll declare our offensive ineptitude to be a memory. For the record I thought we'd have an offense when we recruited Perry Patterson, Cody Catalina, Andrew Baskin, Lavar Lobdell, Andrew Robinson, Zach Allen, Drew Allen, Ashton Broyld, KJ Williams, Averin Collier, etc. I'm not knocking any of these kids but I've learned that my crystal ball was really just a magic 8-ball with tin foil wrapped around it.

Turn on a Baylor game from about 3-4 years ago. Talent was a touch better and they started torching other p5 schools. The system is not something to worry about.

Recruiting is always a thing that takes time to see play out and you're right to be skeptical. I'm excited for what we already have, specifically at QB, RB, and with experienced guys in Estime and Ishmeal.

Difference being, Babers is a proven commodity, and not some assistant coach who hasn't proven that he can get the job done. And he brought nearly an entire staff with him who he's worked with before [except two of them].

I've been burned before, too, about some of those QB recruits. But there is a difference between blind optimism and optimism that stems from someone's extended track record of success. I'm not remotely worried about how this will translate at P5--P5 teams didn't slow BG down when they played them.

Well hope I didn't come off too negative, wasn't my goal. While I'm not ready to declare us an ACC offensive juggernaut yet, I feel alot better going into the season with our offense than I have in quite a while. Just feel like there are many unanswered questions. And the recruiting stuff is such a friggin game of chance it's ridiculous. Two of our best offensive weapons in recent years, Williams and Nassib were nobody's coming out of HS.

Why don't we wait before we give more credit than it is due. We haven't got one single 4 star player. Not one. the offers look a lot like the offers we were talking to before this. I hope of course these kids are good. But I want to see them before I get too happy.

Why don't we wait before we give more credit than it is due. We haven't got one single 4 star player. Not one. the offers look a lot like the offers we were talking to before this. I hope of course these kids are good. But I want to see them before I get too happy.

Didnt TD get bumped up to 4 stars?

You did. I just checked . . . and espn and espn has him at 4. We'll take it, But it's not like he is a consensus 4 star.
Anyone who can go to a number of different trials, and get to the next to last one with 24 players. all 4 star or better except TD. Then on the last day perform well enough to beat out 12 of the 4 stars to reach the finals, as 1 of 12 is a four star regardless of Scout or Rivals. That just shows their scouts were wrong on TD.

I've been saying for years that it would behoove us to play to the strengths of our Dome, and once we made that choice some other benefits would cascade from it.

Well. We're on our way.
th

Alsacs - I was concerned about two weeks ago until the latest 10 days of solid recruits. These recruits plus last year's last minute blitz are extremely encouraging - most are very solid 3 star recruits!

Also Grob, DM & SS never really established true identities (Shafer's defense the exception) whereas HCDB comes in with offensive & defensive identities already established and proven. The recruits even point out in their remarks those identities to me goes a long way with recruitment even before HCDB has played his first game in the Dome - "my style of play fits" types of remarks. That's huge in the psychological war going on with other universities. Awesome! Go Cuse!

There's always a difference. That's why thoughtful posters get excited, almost every year. I'm hopefully skeptical and waiting anxiously for the first of the "we've turned the corner" posts. Looking forward to the corner to disappear out of the rear view mirror.

chakka3421 said:
Alsacs - I was concerned about two weeks ago until the latest 10 days of solid recruits. These recruits plus last year's last minute blitz are extremely encouraging - most are very solid 3 star recruits!

Also Grob, DM & SS never really established true identities (Shafer's defense the exception) whereas HCDB comes in with offensive & defensive identities already established and proven. The recruits even point out in their remarks those identities to me goes a long way with recruitment even before HCDB has played his first game in the Dome - "my style of play fits" types of remarks. That's huge in the psychological war going on with other universities. Awesome! Go Cuse!

That's why bringing in a head coach with experience was crucial this time. Coach Babers knows how to implement his offense and defense and he is confident in his system and he knows the kind of players he needs at each position. Syracuse football is going to be fun again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom