Is anyone genuinely intrigued? | Syracusefan.com

Is anyone genuinely intrigued?

JDubbin

The ONLY Syracuse Sneakers Avatar Guy
By what Syracuse is going to look like without Buddy on the floor tomorrow vs. Duke? I mean we all know it sucks that Buddy is out for a myriad of personal & nostalgic reasons, that’s a given…

But, the “formula” against Duke has been brutally bad this year, a lot of Buddy iso ball has been included in that, something needed to change... now it has. Without Buddy even being an option I just wonder if the offense will be that much more fluid & free flowing - a true point guard in Symir, Joe playing the 2 like everyone has desired… no real expectation/pressure, just the opportunity to play with freedom. I believe the defense will be better with Symir in of course too.

Even if it doesn’t click at all, even if it’s a total blow out, I’m still intrigued to see how it looks tomorrow either way!

What do you think?

Haha I’m unfamiliar with this terminology… and kinda nervous to look it up

I'll say I picked it up from a movie. We'll see if anybody knows which one.

By what Syracuse is going to look like without Buddy on the floor tomorrow vs. Duke? I mean we all know it sucks that Buddy is out for a myriad of personal & nostalgic reasons, that’s a given…

But, the “formula” against Duke has been brutally bad this year, a lot of Buddy iso ball has been included in that, something needed to change... now it has. Without Buddy even being an option I just wonder if the offense will be that much more fluid & free flowing - a true point guard in Symir, Joe playing the 2 like everyone has desired… no real expectation/pressure, just the opportunity to play with freedom. I believe the defense will be better with Symir in of course too.

Even if it doesn’t click at all, even if it’s a total blow out, I’m still intrigued to see how it looks tomorrow either way!

What do you think?
I would be if it weren't against Duke

Line only moved 2 points. Was +11 and then Buddys suspension was announced and it moved to +13. Really, our leading scorer only amounted to a 2 point swing? Of course, I did not track the the over/under as a comparison. But I agree with JDubbin as it will be a interesting few minutes of watching to see what exactly happens. Now we know Coach K is a great coach and prepares his team well. Can his players adjust to lineup changes that will be enacted? No-one this season has seen SU without Buddy on the floor. (LOL)

Symir will do great, but can he adjust in one game (especially against Duke) to be a full time started? I can see him being played one on one the entire game and giving him space up to the foul line to shoot. Cole and Joe will have in your face defense and we will need Frank to score 22 points.

With this reasoning, I just convisesed myself to take Duke on the Moneyline for the upset. :)

Symir at point with Joe off-guard might give us a better chance offensively if it forces us into more movement. We'll be quicker up top without Buddy, but the defensive concept as a whole versus Duke is the problem. Commit to stop 1 thing instead of trying to cover everything and fail miserably at it.

if Duke shoots 2-25 from 3 like FSU did we have a chance.

first game it was 17%-40%, second it was almost 25%-50%. perhaps they revert back to norm of 37% and to do that they need to shoot about 20% today.

To have any chance we will need to shorten the game and only take great shots…going to need a mind blowing shooting day today.

Girard and cole are going to need to be on fire but Girard can’t put up his circus shots.

Going to be tough but I guess, never say never

I’ll go with a King Porter Stomp.

I think every SU player should punch a Duke player in protest, and as a statement of solidarity with Buddy. Every player gets suspended. Game gets suspended because Syracuse can’t field a team. Syracuse officially ends the season 16-16 preserving JB’s streak of no losing seasons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom