Is anyone watching Vinyl on HBO? | Syracusefan.com

Is anyone watching Vinyl on HBO?

KellySyracuse

Living Legend
I got through the first two episodes and it really didn't grab me. Anyone gotten farther than that and is it worth the time?

I got through the first two episodes and it really didn't grab me. Anyone gotten farther than that and is it worth the time?

Nope. Caught a couple minutes here and there and wasn't interested.

I'm sticking with it; mainly because I'm a sucker for the music of that era.

I enjoy some of the characters and some of the storylines, but overall the show is not really working. I cannot put my finger on why.

It feels like HBO has been swinging and missing with their dramas. Something is just off on the show. I'm going to keep watching, but it's just marking time until Game of Thrones.

Think it started a bit off track and over the top, but it's getting better. Of course, I'll watch it just to see Bobby Cannavale, a family relation. He steals the show.

NKR1978 said:
It feels like HBO has been swinging and missing with their dramas. Something is just off on the show. I'm going to keep watching, but it's just marking time until Game of Thrones.
Agree 100%. They've swung and missed more seemingly.
I spent a month in europe and had a ton of late nights on hbogo and up until 5-10 years ago they were killing it, and i will even admit sex and the city is good. But lately outside of thrones, leftovers they've had a lot of duds. Even the durst thing kinda disappeared much quicker than making a murderer.
Netflix is on fire right now

I can barely think of a premise I'd be less interested and so far have resisted watching it despite a coworker telling me it is really good.

I enjoy some of the characters and some of the storylines, but overall the show is not really working. I cannot put my finger on why.
I agree 100%. I like Rasy Romano but "everyone loves Raymond"!

Pearl309 said:
I spent a month in europe and had a ton of late nights on hbogo and up until 5-10 years ago they were killing it, and i will even admit s e x and the city is good. But lately outside of thrones, leftovers they've had a lot of duds. Even the durst thing kinda disappeared much quicker than making a murderer.

One of the things that really takes me out of the show is that literally no one I have ever seen do cocaine reacts the way Fenestra does. It's horrible acting. Comparing that to the little scene in the Mad Men finale with Joan and it demonstrates why one is a classic drama that will stand the test of time and the other is a vanity project. Details matter with period pieces and seeing how wrong they are on that makes me question whether anything is even remotely accurate.

One of the things that really takes me out of the show is that literally no one I have ever seen do cocaine reacts the way Fenestra does. It's horrible acting. Comparing that to the little scene in the Mad Men finale with Joan and it demonstrates why one is a classic drama that will stand the test of time and the other is a vanity project. Details matter with period pieces and seeing how wrong they are on that makes me question whether anything is even remotely accurate.
Absolutely correct that when a time period of certain actions and attitudes are prevalent the details adhered to for those who lived it.

Entertaining, but people looking for historical accuracy will have to put that aside completely. Some of the rock star imitators are hilariously off, which the producers don't seem to care about. Robert Plant, in particular. And Bowie.

My coworker kept saying it was good so I checked it out. I liked it well enough to get caught up with it. I enjoyed the last episode quite a bit, even if the Ernst thing has been before.

Olivia Wilde
The ratings (on this website) will probably double fast when I point out she's got some full nude scenes on the show. But that would be crass, so I won't.

After an uneven start that past two episodes have been very strong.

After an uneven start that past two episodes have been very strong.
The show has its moments, but it's not very good overall. I actually prefer the "Behind the Episodes" to the actual episodes. It's interesting to hear the story Terence Winter thinks is being told. lol

I spent a month in europe and had a ton of late nights on hbogo and up until 5-10 years ago they were killing it, and i will even admit s e x and the city is good. But lately outside of thrones, leftovers they've had a lot of duds. Even the durst thing kinda disappeared much quicker than making a murderer.
I must be a man of simple tests. Of their recent stuff:
Loved: The Leftovers, GoT, Silicon Valley, Ballers
Liked : The Brink, Vinyl, True Detective S2
Didn't like enough to watch: Veep, Girls

CuseCPT said:
I must be a man of simple tests. Of their recent stuff: Loved: The Leftovers, GoT, Silicon Valley, Ballers Liked : The Brink, Vinyl, True Detective S2 Didn't like enough to watch: Veep, Girls
Girls lost me a while ago. Nothing interesting about privileged white chicks to me. Silicon valley is great. Still love veep.
You and i might be the only ones who liked TD s2.
Oh well

Girls lost me a while ago. Nothing interesting about privileged white chicks to me. Silicon valley is great. Still love veep.
You and i might be the only ones who liked TD s2.
Oh well
I still haven't seen Season 1 of TD. Maybe being free of expectations from the first season allowed me to enjoy it more. We aren't alone, though. I know ONE other person that liked it haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom