Is Ennis the bet frosh in college basketball? | Syracusefan.com

Is Ennis the bet frosh in college basketball?

The best PG as well IMO. Then more I watch Smart the more I think he isn't a true PG. Tyler struggled to start the game and still wound up with a pretty good game. It was a poor game for Tyler but he still controlled things well and if we shot the ball better he would have had 12 assists.

In a drastic change from many of our recent guards, he has a really strong handle. He darts in and out of double teams, and never gets the ball stolen; his only to's are on wayward passes.

One negative - seemed like he had a hard time beating Paige off the bounce...only time I have noticed that all year. Oddly, it also seemed like he never attempted his patented shoulder-dip, change of pace move today, that may have played a part in the struggle.

It's kind of an interesting case, isn't it? He's legitimately in the discussion yet there's no chance he will be a lottery pick this year. And let's be honest, barring a massive run down the stretch in which he hits multiple threes per game, he won't be.

Arguably the best FR this year are Ennis and Embiid. Who the hell could have guessed that at the outset of the year?

Parker is still a fantastic player, as is Randle. Wiggins is good but not remotely worthy of the hype. Gordon...well, honestly I haven't seen Zona play so I'm not going to make any judgments.

It's kind of an interesting case, isn't it? He's legitimately in the discussion yet there's no chance he will be a lottery pick this year. And let's be honest, barring a massive run down the stretch in which he hits multiple threes per game, he won't be.

Arguably the best FR this year are Ennis and Embiid. Who the hell could have guessed that at the outset of the year?

Parker is still a fantastic player, as is Randle. Wiggins is good but not remotely worthy of the hype. Gordon...well, honestly I haven't seen Zona play so I'm not going to make any judgments.

Most prognosticators mistake preseason NBA hype for "best player."

No comparison--Ennis has been the best, by far.

embiid cant be mentioned for the same reason that ennis has to be mentioned.

embiid isnt helping his team win games. ennis is. so embiid can be in the pack of top 10, but that is somewhat to be expected.

as of now... it is only ennis and parker and the kid from arizona. those are the top 3 and they are all relatively close (take off the orange shades). the rest of the 5-7 players are a distance behind those 3.

For what our team needs yes he is the best.

Parker is a stud and hes the only one who is close

But as Duke gets more and more exposed inside and on defense he is in a worse and worse situation. I am a bit confused that Duke still tries to play up on you pressure the ball m2m when they consistently get beaten off the bounce and have no real resistance at the rim. Parker is a stud but he needs to be on a team were he can play some at least half the time at the 3 and none at the 5.

Most prognosticators mistake preseason NBA hype for "best player."

No comparison--Ennis has been the best, by far.
Well I mean, that's kind of exactly what I'm getting at. Out of the freshmen, he may very well he the best COLLEGE player right now, by a solid margin. I don't think he's the most talented but so far he really does seem to be the best college basketball player of the group. And I think after another year or hopefully two he will he a lottery pick.

Sticking with my Deron Williams comparison if he does stay a couple more years. I think he could develop into that kind of talent.

yep. wouldn't trade him for anyone
I will get killed for this, but maybe only Craft; hand checks be damned, he gets it done on both ends.

I would not take him over Tyler, but a vastly underrated player is Wilbekin. Makes plays in crunch time, and defends well on the ball.

embiid isnt helping his team win games. ennis is. so embiid can be in the pack of top 10, but that is somewhat to be expected.

as of now... it is only ennis and parker and the kid from arizona. those are the top 3 and they are all relatively close (take off the orange shades). the rest of the 5-7 players are a distance behind those 3.

I'd add Randle he's a beast and is on a team that has no idea how to really utilize him.

I will get killed for this, but maybe only Craft; hand checks be damned, he gets it done on both ends.

I would not take him over Tyler, but a vastly underrated player is Wilbekin. Makes plays in crunch time, and defends well on the ball.

Yes you will be killed Craft is the Devil and he kind of blows on offense BTW. Call fouls the same on him as everyone else and he can't play half the game.

Well it isn't like Kansas is losing a ton. They are still in the top 20. And Embiid is really, really impressive. It's rare to see that combination of size and athleticism, combined with a good feel for the game especially factoring in he's only been playing for a few years. Every time I've watched him I've been impressed with how well he passes the ball and sees the floor. In 5-6 years he may well be the best center in the NBA.

But that said, that's NBA talent, not "best college player." Which is why yes, Tyler belongs at the head of the class so far.

Well it isn't like Kansas is losing a ton. They are still in the top 20. And Embiid is really, really impressive. It's rare to see that combination of size and athleticism, combined with a good feel for the game especially factoring in he's only been playing for a few years. Every time I've watched him I've been impressed with how well he passes the ball and sees the floor. In 5-6 years he may well be the best center in the NBA.

But that said, that's NBA talent, not "best college player." Which is why yes, Tyler belongs at the head of the class so far.

kansas has lost 4 games... for a preaseason top 5 team - that is a ton.

embiid is avg 10, 7 and 2.5 a game.

he is only in this discussion because nba scouts are drooling over him for his potential. jabari parker is averaging 19 and 8 a game. they are on 2 different planets.

he is only in this discussion because nba scouts are drooling over him for his potential. jabari parker is averaging 19 and 8 a game. they are on 2 different planets.

Completely agree with this and he really cannot make any impact at all on offense without help from someone else. A great talent but not yet a great player IMO.

Parker is terrific. But I am not basing my opinion of Embiid on what scouts are saying. I'm basing it off of what I have seen. He's an extremely gifted, athletic 7 footer. He's a very, very special talent. And again - this has nothing to do with scouts. This is based on my own observations, watching him play. He's going to he an outstanding player.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom