Is ish too slow for the scheme? | Syracusefan.com

Is ish too slow for the scheme?

I thought the scheme was supposed to help guys get open. I can't imagine he'd be good in an inferior scheme and disappear in this one. Maybe Colgate focused on him because he was a known quantity.

There are lots of other targets. Dungey didn't go too far into his reads tonight. He threw quickly or bailed.

I've never understood the Ishmael hype but hopefully he proves me wrong this season.

He's shown good hands and the ability to go up and get it in coverage at times.

Not sure he's got top level speed like the best WRs we've had, but he's solid at the least.

Is getting separation the issue? Rather than top end speed.

Um, no he is not, he was not targeted foe some stupid reason tonight. He was open plenty.

Louisville will devise a defensive scheme that will give Ishmael plenty of opportunities next week.

Where was Alvin Cornelius? Sad to see him dressed but without a helmet on. Hope to see him come on.

Um, no he is not, he was not targeted foe some stupid reason tonight. He was open plenty.

I saw him so friggin open on one play--not a defender near him within 15 yards!!!!

In the past if Ish had a bad game, we had a bad game.

Last night we had the first time EVER with 2 WRs over 10 catches in a game.

Defense gave us AET and Phillips. So that's what we did.

Be happy that we have enough to produce and a coach who will be able to find what they can't cover.

The title of my thread was poor. However, it seems like this scheme is more fit for very quick players v larger possession types. Atta, irv, etc. ill be surprised if ish ends ends up as our leading wr. Im just not sure if ish is ideal fit but hope im wrong because i am a big fan.

Last edited:
Not sure what the route tree looked like but would Ish get more action if we used the middle of the field more?

jgeorge322 said:
The title of my thread was poor. However, it seems like this scheme is more fit for very quick players v larger possession types. Atta, irv, etc. ill be surprised if irv ends ends up as our leading wr. Im just not sure if irv is ideal fit but hope im wrong because i am a big fan.

I think you'll see that it's for all types. Speed WRs, physical WRs, even TEs although we don't seem to have ideal players there right now.

Ishmael will exploit a few defenses by season's end.

These are the number of reception for the top 4 at BGSU last year, lot's of catches to go around. If you are Colgate and you sell out for the run and want to try to slow down the pass you look to the best WR we have on paper. It's game one in a "read" hurry up offense, let's give it a few games to see where the WR's are at.

These are the number of reception for the top 4 at BGSU last year, lot's of catches to go around. If you are Colgate and you sell out for the run and want to try to slow down the pass you look to the best WR we have on paper. It's game one in a "read" hurry up offense, let's give it a few games to see where the WR's are at.
It's awesome that guys other than Ish played great and made catches. Gives Louisville more to think about.

The title of my thread was poor. However, it seems like this scheme is more fit for very quick players v larger possession types. Atta, irv, etc. ill be surprised if ish ends ends up as our leading wr. Im just not sure if ish is ideal fit but hope im wrong because i am a big fan.

It's a valid question and OP. I also agree with cuseguy re: Ishmael in the sense that I never really saw him as a #1 receiver type but more of a possession, dependable guy.

This is a separate point but i hope we get to a point where we can run the ball even if a team like colgate wants to takw that away

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom