Is it me,or is it oddly quiet | Syracusefan.com

Is it me,or is it oddly quiet

storange

2023 Cali Award Rushing Touchdowns
the day before LOI day and SU having several spots open?

the day before LOI day and SU having several spots open?
The bulk of this class was put together relatively early. Most of the leg work lately has been keeping this class intact and working '18. We do have slots, I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple grad-transfer guys after NSD and maybe a late pickup or 2.

I still think this is as solid a class, if not more, as we've brought in over the past handful of classes.

Im sure that we will add a few post nsd kids.

upload_2017-1-31_9-37-25.png

The bulk of this class was put together relatively early. Most of the leg work lately has been keeping this class intact and working '18. We do have slots, I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple grad-transfer guys after NSD and maybe a late pickup or 2.

I still think this is as solid a class, if not more, as we've brought in over the past handful of classes.

The thing to watch is how many of the top guys end up enrolling. I think the issue with past classes has been the best guys were risky in some way and never ended up on the field.

Having R.Pierce enrolled already is huge. Devito is a sure thing. Fagan is here.

That alone can make a difference. Not to mention fit in the system (assuming Babers is here for a while).

Agreed.

This class seems pretty comparable to what we have seen recently.

Agreed.

This class seems pretty comparable to what we have seen recently.
i will wait and see. we can not be comparable to what we have seen lately and continued to be out recruited by teams like rutgers--that is the reality!!!like it or not, system or not!!!!

i will wait and see. we can not be comparable to what we have seen lately and continued to be out recruited by teams like rutgers--that is the reality!!!like it or not, system or not!!!!

Honestly when you get to about 30-60 recruiting classes, it's very difficult to tell, you would have a hard time convincing me that Rutgers has out recruited us the last 3-4 years. It's all about how you develop, coach and S&C programs at this point. I think we can judge the 2016 recruiting class by the start of 2018, how many are starting, contributing, etc. O Line will be important here. Syracuse needs to make sure we aren't reaching too much on the last 6-7 kids, because if they are we will wind up with about 30 kids who are really FB level talent

Recruiting for a specific system like Baber's O is a very much an advantage. We need help at RB and O line for sure. I don't think our defense will ever be anymore than slightly below average with Dino. We just need to stay steady and let Dino develop the talent, hopefully he stays 4-5 years to get there

Honestly when you get to about 30-60 recruiting classes, it's very difficult to tell, you would have a hard time convincing me that Rutgers has out recruited us the last 3-4 years. It's all about how you develop, coach and S&C programs at this point. I think we can judge the 2016 recruiting class by the start of 2018, how many are starting, contributing, etc. Syracuse needs to make sure we aren't reaching too much on the last 6-7 kids, because if they are we will wind up with about 30 kids who are really FB level talent
it is not just about rutgers!!!however to be out recruited after the year they have had is disheartening. that coupled with a stalled/or disappointing dome renovation is not encouraging.

I am not worried about the offense. We need a RB for sure but this system will score points. I am very concerned about the defense. If we do not take a serious step forward with that unit we will have a repeat of last year's results. It doesn't matter how many points you score if you can't make a stop. Cue last year's SchPitt game.

I am not worried about the offense. We need a RB for sure but this system will score points. I am very concerned about the defense. If we do not take a serious step forward with that unit we will have a repeat of last year's results. It doesn't matter how many points you score if you can't make a stop. Cue last year's SchPitt game.
In that game, we were missing several key players.

The NFL draft and LOI days no longer interest me. I've put far too much energy into getting excited about a bunch of nothing. Fact, some guys won't like it here, some won't make grades, some won't adjust to the game at this level, and others that we never saw coming will be the futures of the program. I wish the best for all of our incoming recruits but the reality is that it's a crapshoot and not worth putting too much energy in.

I think with this regime we keep an eye on post national signing day just as much as we are all eyes and ears tomorrow. I betcha they pull in at least 2 more players after signing day, and that those players will have just as much potential for impact as anyone signed tomorrow, if not more.

We always knew going in we were going to be involved in shootouts. But I think when we get some big boy safeties and more quality DL depth we'll take a huge step forward.

I think with this regime we keep an eye on post national signing day just as much as we are all eyes and ears tomorrow. I betcha they pull in at least 2 more players after signing day, and that those players will have just as much potential for impact as anyone signed tomorrow, if not more.
hoping u are right

Looks like it was "oddly quiet" because we didn't have anything to worry about with some of our key recruits.

Will be interesting to see what happens from this point, with Mykelti Williams and possibly other transfers, other JUCOs, etc.

I'd imagine it's another NE team? Can't be BC or UCONN. Hmm... Pitt?
i was going to give you more details,but rather that would be to easy. just a point of clarification,what makes u think i was referring to another ne team? maybe its bigger than that.
well, just look at the polls for your answer.---rivals,247,scout, and espn(which i did not look at)----and just for laughs---we got hammered by the dumpster fire in all of them.
but pay no attention to them, but i hope wildhack does. as for you alice, enjoy wonderland, its a better place than syracuse recruiting is right now.
i anxiously await your excuses,analysis and talk about system.
the good thing, is babers appears to be a good coach--this year will be very telling---