Is JB's daughter still going to the UofR? | Syracusefan.com

Is JB's daughter still going to the UofR?

SBU72

All Conference
I know she played bball there at least her freshman year, but wasn't after that. Was wondering if she started up again. If not it would have been something to have her transfer to SU and be a team manager. That way there would be 4 Boeheim's on the court. I know it's to late now since should be a sr.

Jamie was a very good basketball player, and played on a state championship team in high school. However, she realized she did not have the commitment to playing the game (e.g., non-stop practices, training, etc) that is shared by her brothers so she did not play on the team after her freshman year. She is still a student at U of R.

Last edited:
Jamie was a very good basketball player, and played on a state championship team in high school. However, she realized she did not have the commitment to playing the game (e.g., non-stop practices, training, etc) that is shared by her brothers so she did not play on the team after her freshman year
Good for her, sometimes it’s hard to know when to give it up

My daughter played against her in high school….Jamie played hard and ran the floor really well. The JD team was stacked with talent….all good girls on and off the court

Jamie was a very good basketball player, and played on a state championship team in high school. However, she realized she did not have the commitment to playing the game (e.g., non-stop practices, training, etc) that is shared by her brothers so she did not play on the team after her freshman year
Thanks for the info. I thought that I had read that she is/was a good player and that she didn't play her soph year. I was curious about after that. It dose show that she is a wise young woman who recognized her situation of going to an academically challenging school and the challenges of playing sports. It also shows the family support she must have had to make her decision. A famous coach for a father and 2 brothers playing college ball, especially one is a twin. The pressure to continue to play could have been enormous. Good for her.

Has the actual question been answered though? Now I’m just curious.

Thanks. I would have totally missed that edit.
While that was the question, I really thought it would have been so neat if she transferred to SU and became a team manager. Can you imagine the story line of 4 Boeheims as part of the team? Still a degree from the UofR means so much, I can see why she stayed. And is only an hr to the dome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom