Is Pitt a must win | Syracusefan.com

Is Pitt a must win

Newhouser

Hall of Fame
in terms of NCAA chances? Assuming we are not going to be much below or above 500. Having been swept by someone who will most likely have a similar resume will not help. The league is down this year so signature wins are going to be few and far between.

Yes. Unless we're going to the vast majority of our remaining games. So we need to beat Pitt. We completely blew that game last week, but imo it's forgivable because we were coming off a 2.5 week Covid pause. Shooting should be a big strength for this team, the asset that sets us apart from other teams, but our best shooters haven't been able to find a steady rhythm with all the time off.

100 pct, this is needs to be a makeup win for the other debacle, can't get swept by a bad Pitt team.

Over/under on posters who say “I’m done” or “I’m out” if we lose? 5.5?
The name of this forum should be Waffle House. We have more "fans" who can't decide if they are fans or not. My favorite are the ones who have been fans for 40 years but are not fans of HOFHCJAB. What topping would you like on your waffles!!!!!

Yes. Unless we're going to the vast majority of our remaining games. So we need to beat Pitt. We completely blew that game last week, but imo it's forgivable because we were coming off a 2.5 week Covid pause. Shooting should be a big strength for this team, the asset that sets us apart from other teams, but our best shooters haven't been able to find a steady rhythm with all the time off.
Right on. If your a shooting team and you are coming off a 3 week layoff it would be normal to not have your legs in the 2nd half, which equals poor shooting.

Right on. If your a shooting team and you are coming off a 3 week layoff it would be normal to not have your legs in the 2nd half, which equals poor shooting.
How did Pittsburgh who was on a longer 3 week layoff than we were on have a good second half then?

You can be optimistic and not get upset when legitimate realism counters.

It’s all good to be the optimist. It’s good balance.

How did Pittsburgh who was on a longer 3 week layoff than we were on have a good second half then?

And Pitt was missing their best player.

Not a “must-win” in the literal sense. Lot of season to be played. That being said, in this instance it does kind of feel like it.

Getting swept by a Pitt team without their best player would look real bad. And if they can’t beat Pitt at least once it’s hard to believe they’re good enough to string together enough wins to make the tourney.

sPitt games are always a must win. But no, we aren't in must win territory.

We aren’t losing to Pitt again so it’s pointless.
It was embarrassing how we gave them the first game. They haven’t played another game since we played on them on 1-6.

Will losing to Pitt eliminate us from at-large contention? No, of course not. A lot of basketball to be played.

Will losing to Pitt put us in a hole that we're going to have to claw out of with a margin for error that becomes smaller? Yes.

Not a "must" win but don't really think the team, without Sid, is an NCAA team. Yea we gave the game to Pitt but we also lucked out on a couple of earlier wins. Bottom line, we're a middle of the road 500 team. We'll win some we aren't favored and will lose some we are favored. It is what it is. The best thing is that I no longer have any expectations waiting to be dashed. Not even really upset when we lose anymore. But still will watch every game.

Pitt dominated down low, they aren't a jump shooting team. Also, when 2 people get the same disease, one may have little effect from it and the other might die.

in terms of NCAA chances? Assuming we are not going to be much below or above 500. Having been swept by someone who will most likely have a similar resume will not help. The league is down this year so signature wins are going to be few and far between.

Nothing is a must win yet, but two things:

1) We're not in a position to be able to punt on any game, so we need to bank as many wins as we can against teams that we can beat.

2) Who knows when or if our next play stoppage happens so we need to bank as many as early as possible.

It's not a must win but Capel is not a good coach, it's embarrassing we lost to them before, and if they get us a second time I'll be pissed.
does this count for the over?

Over/under on posters who say “I’m done” or “I’m out” if we lose? 5.5?

I'm done or I'm out if we lose by 5.5, I do know that much! :)

No, we definitely need this one,, but by no stretch do I think we're out if we lose it. We do make the road a bit more difficult though if we get swept - by Pitt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom