Is the 7’2” Experiment Done? | Syracusefan.com

Is the 7’2” Experiment Done?

pfister1

2023-24 Iggy Winner ACC & OOC Record
Or was there an injury I am not aware of? MD and BS made a nice tandem tonight.

He turned his ankle last game, but that prob only played a minor part in him not playing

Or was there an injury I am not aware of? MD and BS made a nice tandem tonight.
Almost certainly he was not healthy, and the way this game developed, with Dolezaj and Sidibe playing their best basketball of the season, Chukwu was not needed. But he is far from history, despite what many here no doubt hope.

Thomas is a wide body and is not a good match up for Chewy.

Thomas is a wide body and is not a good match up for Chewy.

But certainly not a good matchup -- or one would think -- for 180-lb Marek either.

It worked out OK.

Obviously the key factor is what MD does for us offensively.

MD offers some things on offense that cause problems for the opponent. Good to see that he appears to be picking up with the progress he showed late last season after mysteriously not getting a lot of minutes at the start of this year. That's still puzzling.

Sidibe looks to be moving a lot better and that is very encouraging. Some nice post moves as well.

There were a couple times Sidebe was begging to come out even a 2-3 min burst of PC expected but we went with the guys were dead tired.

MD offers some things on offense that cause problems for the opponent. Good to see that he appears to be picking up with the progress he showed late last season after mysteriously not getting a lot of minutes at the start of this year. That's still puzzling.

Sidibe looks to be moving a lot better and that is very encouraging. Some nice post moves as well.
There aren't as many minutes available for Dolezaj this season. He'd been getting around 20 per game before tonight, which is still plenty, and many nights he has fouled his way to the bench.

I agree that Sidibe was moving well tonight, and hope he can stay healthy.

Thank goodness for MD and Sidibe who bring the wood! ;):)

Yes, I wagered tonight(not nearly as much as I should have, due to some naysaying), so they brought me wood alright!

There aren't as many minutes available for Dolezaj this season. He'd been getting around 20 per game before tonight, which is still plenty, and many nights he has fouled his way to the bench.

I agree about the foul problems, yet I have a feeling those 20 minutes are going to find a way to expand.

I agree, but if he continues to progress like he has, JB is going to adjust has plan for some more minutes. I'm not sure how many, and as you pointed out, the lad is quite foul prone for now.

PS this thread title makes him sound more like Frankenstein than Chewy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom