Is the coaching staff going for a Fab Five 2013 Class? | Syracusefan.com

Is the coaching staff going for a Fab Five 2013 Class?

orangenirvana

Hall of Fame
10 players on scholarship

Losing Triche, Southerland, Coleman, Jones

That leaves 6...room for as many as six from the 2013 class.

PG - Tyler Ennis *****
G/F - Ishmail Wainright ****
SF - Rondae Jefferson *****
PF - Goodluck Okonoboh ****
C - BeeJay Anya *****

Exciting summer ahead?

10 players on scholarship

Losing Triche, Southerland, Coleman, Jones

That leaves 6...room for as many as six from the 2013 class.

PG - Tyler Ennis *****
G/F - Ishmail Wainright ****
SF - Rondae Jefferson *****
PF - Goodluck Okonoboh ****
C - BeeJay Anya *****

Exciting summer ahead?

Coleman?

Doubtful--kid seems like a 3 year player MINIMUM.

The staff should make this happen:

G - Tyler Ennis
G - Stanford Robinson
G/F - Rondae Jefferson
F - Goodluck Okonoboh

G - Isaiah Whitehead
F - Noah Vonleh
F - Chris McCollough
C - Dakari Johnson

Mcw will play 30 mins a game and put up big numbers imo. Is it a stretch to say he could go pro if he bulks up enough?

Coleman?

Doubtful--kid seems like a 3 year player MINIMUM.

Really really doubt DC2 is one and done

Where is Coleman going next year?

I think you guys are nuts. DC is a legit 6-10 with an extremely long wingspan and amazing hands and coordination. Extremely developed and strong. Decent jump shot, great form. Needs to improve on defense for sure, but he won't develop in that area all that much at SU. One year of conditioning at Syracuse and he'll be ready. As long as he works at it, he will play in the NBA for a long time.

I don't expect him to stay longer than a year, MAYBE two.

Mcw will play 30 mins a game and put up big numbers imo. Is it a stretch to say he could go pro if he bulks up enough?

That's very possible, considering he's a 6-5 point guard.

I think you guys are nuts. DC is a legit 6-10 with an extremely long wingspan and amazing hands and coordination. Extremely developed and strong. Decent jump shot, great form. Needs to improve on defense for sure, but he won't develop in that area all that much at SU. One year of conditioning at Syracuse and he'll be ready. As long as he works at it, he will play in the NBA for a long time.

At the very least he's a 2 year guy. The very least.

I would be shocked if he isnt here his junior year. I really think he is a 3 year player. To play 82 games he will need to be in much better shape.

Is he really a legit 6'10"? In the games I've seen of him, he's not very explosive and needs to work on finishing against kids that aren't 6'4". He did not look like a one and done candidate at all and needs to continue working on his body...

I would be shocked if he isnt here his junior year. I really think he is a 3 year player. To play 82 games he will need to be in much better shape.

It takes three years for an 18 year old to get into better shape?

It takes three years for an 18 year old to get into better shape?

Not necessarily no. However do you honestly think he will be NBA ready all around in a year from now? I am curious to see how he holds up physically this year from playing 35+ games.

The staff should make this happen:

G - Tyler Ennis
G - Stanford Robinson
G/F - Rondae Jefferson
F - Goodluck Okonoboh

G - Isaiah Whitehead
F - Noah Vonleh
F - Chris McCollough
C - Dakari Johnson

The Robinson kid is a freaking stud I was lucky enough to see him play twice this year he is ranked low IMO

Based on that assessment, the feeling is mutual.

And I'm pretty excited about Coleman's potential.

The Robinson kid is a freaking stud I was lucky enough to see him play twice this year he is ranked low IMO
what's your scouting report of him? 6'4 175 is he wiry strong? quick? big jumper? shooter?

I don't know if Coleman will leave after 1 year, but he is still being underrated I think. He is an absolute force on the block with dribbling ability, excellent rebounding and passing. I think he realizes he is a little short to play center and consequently is developing his mid-range game.

We'll see how he adjusts to the speed of the college game but whenever he actually GETS the ball in a position to score in games against higher competition its a done deal. That is very rare.

Based on that assessment, the feeling is mutual.

And I'm pretty excited about Coleman's potential.

Not that I'm even close to an expert on NBA potential but it just seems to me the only thing holding DC2 back from being a Sean May or Al Horford type of player is his weight and conditioning. Although it may be true that he lacks natural quickness / explosiveness needed to reach that level, not sure. We'll see.

Not that I'm even close to an expert on NBA potential but it just seems to me the only thing holding DC2 back from being a Sean May or Al Horford type of player is his weight and conditioning. Although it may be true that he lacks natural quickness / explosiveness needed to reach that level, not sure. We'll see.

Sean May is the comparison I think might be best, too.

I don't think he's going to get there in one year--also believe that 6-10 is an exaggerated height, but regardless of pro potential, I think DC2 is going to be a very, very good player for us.

what's your scouting report of him? 6'4 175 is he wiry strong? quick? big jumper? shooter?
Robinson is a lefty which is always fun to watch. Nice range/has good quickness/handles and can finish if needed. I wouldn't classify him a smooth yet. I would say smooth during periods of the game. He is playing for the best AAU coach in the DMV IMO this summer with team takeover so he will improve a lot this summer. He will also get in your face and lock you down on defense. His only down fall is he doesn't have that nasty I want to take the game over streak. He is almost too much of a team player to a fault. I think he isn't as good of a shooter as Trevor but is a much better all around player. He plays for Paul the 6th which is 20 minutes away from were I live. He was the main reason they won the the title over Dematha which had a far better roster that included Grant, BJ and James Robinson. He decided to take those three games over which is a good sign it's coming together. All in all I think he has the tools to come in and start as a freshmen. Really excited about him and I think he would be a bigger get then BJ personally. The only thing that will be hard for us is getting him away from Maryland he lives in Prince George county and travels into Fairfax every day for school.

I don't know if Coleman will leave after 1 year, but he is still being underrated I think. He is an absolute force on the block with dribbling ability, excellent rebounding and passing. I think he realizes he is a little short to play center and consequently is developing his mid-range game.

We'll see how he adjusts to the speed of the college game but whenever he actually GETS the ball in a position to score in games against higher competition its a done deal. That is very rare.

He looked better than Ridley IMHO who is ranked ahead of him on various sites. Of all the bigs available in this class that I saw at the All Star games I'm glad we have Coleman coming in. He's exactly what we were missing this year in terms of a big wide body who can rebound the heck out of it. Also, the high ball screens that are a big part of our offense might be even more effective this year with a mountain like Coleman setting those screens.

I'd love to get Jefferson, does anyone know much about Roberson? He seems like a typical Syracuse guy, 6'7 long and versatile.

Robinson is a lefty which is always fun to watch. Nice range/has good quickness/handles and can finish if needed. I wouldn't classify him a smooth yet. I would say smooth during periods of the game. He is playing for the best AAU coach in the DMV IMO this summer with team takeover so he will improve a lot this summer. He will also get in your face and lock you down on defense. His only down fall is he doesn't have that nasty I want to take the game over streak. He is almost too much of a team player to a fault. I think he isn't as good of a shooter as Trevor but is a much better all around player. He plays for Paul the 6th which is 20 minutes away from were I live. He was the main reason they won the the title over Dematha which had a far better roster that included Grant, BJ and James Robinson. He decided to take those three games over which is a good sign it's coming together. All in all I think he has the tools to come in and start as a freshmen. Really excited about him and I think he would be a bigger get then BJ personally. The only thing that will be hard for us is getting him away from Maryland he lives in Prince George county and travels into Fairfax every day for school.

Is he a good rebounding guard? I love guards who rebound well for their position. That's one of the things I'm excited about with MCW. Early in the year he would have at least 1 or 2 offensive rebounds and keep balls alive. My one gripe with Triche is that for as big and strong as he is, I'd like to see him get a couple more rebounds. He's shown in stretches when he really goes after it that he's capable of being a real nice rebounder.

Robinson plays for the HS where Autry was a coach. AA has an in with him and is recruiting him for SU which gives us an edge. Telep on ESPN has him ranked as #46 in the class right now but I think he climbs after the summer AAU season. He's a combo guard who would be a nice get.

Is he a good rebounding guard? I love guards who rebound well for their position. That's one of the things I'm excited about with MCW. Early in the year he would have at least 1 or 2 offensive rebounds and keep balls alive. My one gripe with Triche is that for as big and strong as he is, I'd like to see him get a couple more rebounds. He's shown in stretches when he really goes after it that he's capable of being a real nice rebounder.
When Triche wants the ball, he usually gets it. Problem is he often leaks out for the transition or expects KJo/Fab/CJ to go get it. When he goes up for the ball, he's almost always the highest grabbing for it and once he gets his paws on it, not many guards or even forward can get it from him.