Is there a BEAST/SEC challenge next year? | Syracusefan.com

Is there a BEAST/SEC challenge next year?

orange03

Starter
And if so, is there any doubt we'll be matched up with UK? They couldn't possibly make us play Florida again.

I would love to have gotten UK last year. I think we will match-up well with them and would like seeing Christmas/Coleman versus Noels. I think MCW will eat UK alive at the PG spot.

We aren't going to be in most likely. There are 15 Big East teams and 12 SEC teams. The Big East isn't going to do Syracuse or Pittsburgh any favors next year. As a result, we aren't likely to be in the SEC-Big East challenge next year. However, assuming we get in then ESPN would want Syracuse vs. either Kentucky or Vanderbilt.

Vandy lost most of their team. I could see them matching SU with Missouri who would likely be the 3rd best team in the SEC next year. The SEC will have 14 teams next year with the two defectors from the Big12 so only 1 BE team will have to be omitted and I'd guess that ESPN will want SU in it.

Vandy lost most of their team. I could see them matching SU with Missouri who would likely be the 3rd best team in the SEC next year. The SEC will have 14 teams next year with the two defectors from the Big12 so only 1 BE team will have to be omitted and I'd guess that ESPN will want SU in it.
Great point I completely forgot about that. The Big East will probably put Syracuse in before Pitt so we should be a lock for this series. I would bet we get Kentucky now.

Great point. Forgot that the SEC is 12 + Mizzou and aTm = 14 while the BE is 16 - WVU = 15. Will the challenge be 14 games?

We aren't going to be in most likely. There are 15 Big East teams and 12 SEC teams. The Big East isn't going to do Syracuse or Pittsburgh any favors next year. As a result, we aren't likely to be in the SEC-Big East challenge next year. However, assuming we get in then ESPN would want Syracuse vs. either Kentucky or Vanderbilt.
Yeah believe it or not I expect Vandy to be in the bottom half of the SEC this year after losing Jenkins, Taylor, Ezeli, and Tinsley.

Kentucky fans have been spoiled with ridiculous talent these past few seasons. They now expect every PG to be John Wall, every SF to be MKG and every C to be Cousins or Davis. Not gonna happen all the time, they're due for some disappointments soon.

Great point I completely forgot about that. The Big East will probably put Syracuse in before Pitt so we should be a lock for this series. I would bet we get Kentucky now.

I'm guessing the Big East has about 0 say in who is in and who is out. This is a made for TV series, if you think ESPN is going to take DePaul and Seton Hall in with SU and Pitt on the sidelines you're nuts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom