Is there a reason Syracuse is playing at Hobart 2 years in a row? | Syracusefan.com

Is there a reason Syracuse is playing at Hobart 2 years in a row?

Alsacs

Living Legend
I am a novice follower of the program. I looked at the schedule and see we are at Hobart again after playing them on the
Road last year.
Are we doing them a solid or is their a reason? I.e Dome unavailable.

It's an attempt to balance out the home/road schedule. We also played at Hop last year and this year. After this year, we go back to alternating home and home with those two.

It's an attempt to balance out the home/road schedule. We also played at Hop last year and this year. After this year, we go back to alternating home and home with those two.

Hopkins game was moved because the school thought the women's bball team would host yhe 1st 2 rounds of the tournament. Of course that didnt end up happening. We play hopkins at home 2 years in a row to make up for it.

Hopkins game was moved because the school thought the women's bball team would host yhe 1st 2 rounds of the tournament. Of course that didnt end up happening. We play hopkins at home 2 years in a row to make up for it.
Yep - I remember now. Thanks.

I am a novice follower of the program. I looked at the schedule and see we are at Hobart again after playing them on the
Road last year.
Are we doing them a solid or is their a reason? I.e Dome unavailable.

I beleive it was done to help Balance the home schedule in even years. Dome is available as far as I know.

Odd numbered years we get Duke, UVa, Hopkins, Cornell, and usually Hobart at home.

Even numbered years we get UNC, ND, Colgate, and St Johns.

Siena, Albany, Army, and Bingo are guaranteed home games every season.

I never saw an official reason why Hobart was switched.

We'll have Hop at home in 2018 and 2019 before resuming the regular rotation, and Hop will be bumped up a week to avoid any future conflict with WBB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom