Is there any word on a new Tn coach yet? | Syracusefan.com

Is there any word on a new Tn coach yet?

Cuseregular

Hall of Fame
Any rumors? Anyone scouring their boards this week? No news is good news on this front up here in the great white north I'm assuming. I'd further assume if offers were made the offeree would have a week or so to stew and figure. Right?

Ima MAN!, I'm 40!
I heard him and Jimbo Fisher this morning on a local UT sports talk this morning. I don't know if it was rumor or wishful thinking.

Any rumors? Anyone scouring their boards this week? No news is good news on this front up here in the great white north I'm assuming. I'd further assume if offers were made the offeree would have a week or so to stew and figure. Right?
Are you suggesting that Marrone would consider leaving the Cuse for Tennessee? Right now? Seriously?

Are you suggesting that Marrone would consider leaving the Cuse for Tennessee? Right now? Seriously?
you must have missed that thread. 3.1 mil. vs. 1.2, his wife is from there, challenge of the SEC (the ultimate for a college coach), he's coached at UG and Tn, knows the south, etc. vs. all the positives he's created here with security, less pressure, etc.

No idea if the rumors are true he's getting a look see but it would'nt surprise me to see him offered and see him go.

after numerous years of mediocrity, including the final years of Fullmer, I cant see Marrone being the splash hire that Tn is looking for. Which is great for us SU fans.

I don't think there's any way Gundy leaves OSU...at least not this year for Tenn. Butch Davis has been a hot name for them.

Don't think Marrone will ever leave for anything but the NFL.

you must have missed that thread. 3.1 mil. vs. 1.2, his wife is from there, challenge of the SEC (the ultimate for a college coach), he's coached at UG and Tn, knows the south, etc. vs. all the positives he's created here with security, less pressure, etc.

No idea if the rumors are true he's getting a look see but it would'nt surprise me to see him offered and see him go.
3.1 million is more than 1.2 million. The 1.2 million figure will go up, and it is a stable long-term job/salary.

Wife is from there, well not much you can do about that. Except to point out that wife could be there again for a couple years, then be not-there after the axe falls. Because...

Marrone can't run the kind of program he wants to at Tennessee and be successful in the SEC, competing against unscrupulous schools with no regard for academics. He'd have to compromise his principles or get run out of town.

I would be surprised if he left for that job, and disappointed. It would be the wrong move.

NFL job not so much, but that still has the risk of quick firing and then your family is back on the road.

Twitter rumors out there that Fedora is interviewing

Marrone gets more that 1.2 ... I think his numbers are in the 1.8 - 2 range. And he probably is getting a raise.

Marrone gets more that 1.2 ... I think his numbers are in the 1.8 - 2 range. And he probably is getting a raise.
got the number from the article in the paper a couple weeks back

In 2011 his school salary was about $1.1M. So $1.2M is probably right for 2012. That is just the school and wouldn't count TV, radio, camps, etc.

In 2011 his school salary was about $1.1M. So $1.2M is probably right for 2012. That is just the school and wouldn't count TV, radio, camps, etc.

Hard to put a value on some fresh Oscar-Meyer Balogne though. Yet another huge perk.

There is no way the Tennessee adminstration hires Marrone. How on earth do they sell that to their crazy fan base?

"Hey guys, remember when we ran Phil Fulmer out of town after he won us a national title? And remember how Lane Kiffin used and abused us? Then we got that guy from a program you don't take seriously who had a mediocre record there? Well guess what?! We're hiring a guy from a program you don't take seriously who had a mediocre record there! ARE YOU EXCITED?!?!?"

I don't think there's any way Gundy leaves OSU...at least not this year for Tenn. Butch Davis has been a hot name for them.
Everywhere Butch Davis goes, the team gets in trouble. He is tainted.

The argument they've made here is that he'll never be anything but second best in the state of Oklahoma if he stays at OSU so UT could be a better situation for him. I don't think they'd touch Butch Davis considering they just finished dealing with the NCAA over Bruce Pearl/Lane Kiffin stuff.

Schools that base their coaching decisions on making a splash usually are the ones that make the biggest thud when it doesn't work out.

Schools that base their coaching decisions on making a splash usually are the ones that make the biggest thud when it doesn't work out.
Right now the biggest problem is the fanbase. They're screaming for the "splash" guy. There are so many loud mouthed idiot fans here. It seems like the most knowledgeable fans are the quiet ones. The vocal fans seem to forget that Saban, Meyer, etc weren't always the homerun guys they are now. Despite all of the this, it seems the new AD is going to hire the guy he thinks will get the job done regardless of what the clueless fans think. I'm never sure if I want to root for the new guy so I can feel satisfied in the collective stupidity of the fanbase or to root against him so I can revel in their dismay.