Is there hope for the return of daily articles listing by Orangeyes? | Syracusefan.com

Is there hope for the return of daily articles listing by Orangeyes?

CaliBob'63

Walk On
I miss my daily SU guide to all articles on Syracuse sports! Orangeyes did a marvelous job of spoiling us all. I'm sure it had to be a labor of love but i'm also sure it was a fair piece of work. I'm not an insider but there have been some mentions of users being sent to a sex site instead of the corrrect link posted by Orangeyes...and that this might have been done by an administrator? Whatever...I hope Orangeyes doesn't think anyone blames him!! Regardless, I hope apologies/explanations can remedy this and we can all return to being spoiled by Orangeyes!

Agreed, the daily posts are sorely missed. We all took OE for granted, now we realize what yeoman work he was doing and how his work made this site better.
I was one that got those redirects, to my knowledge none of us blamed OE in the least. What happened between an administrator and him does seem mysterious!

I was frustrated with Google's obsession with anything even resembling sexual content, and in an alcohol induced moment, I set the filter up to change "google" to "s e x" so the posts referring to the "Googleban" would be changed to "s e x ban." It seemed funny at the time, but I forgot to change it back.

I had no idea it would mess with Orangeyes urls. The redirects were not his fault, and they sure as hell were not done intentionally to mess with his posts. Sorry if anyone was inconvenienced.

I miss my daily SU guide to all articles on Syracuse sports! Orangeyes did a marvelous job of spoiling us all. I'm sure it had to be a labor of love but i'm also sure it was a fair piece of work. I'm not an insider but there have been some mentions of users being sent to a six site instead of the corrrect link posted by Orangeyes...and that this might have been done by an administrator? Whatever...I hope Orangeyes doesn't think anyone blames him!! Regardless, I hope apologies/explanations can remedy this and we can all return to being spoiled by Orangeyes!

I NEVER took, or take, OE for granted.

He's the best. Don't think there's even a close second. We've been told that he'll be back soon.

I just wish him a speedy recovery, along with my thanks.

I doubt that there's another board in America with as invaluable a resource as OE. And I look at a lot of them.

I was frustrated with Google's obsession with anything even resembling sixual content, and in an alcohol induced moment, I set the filter up to change "google" to "s e x" so the posts referring to the "Googleban" would be changed to "s e x ban." It seemed funny at the time, but I forgot to change it back.

I had no idea it would mess with Orangeyes urls. The redirects were not his fault, and they sure as hell were not done intentionally to mess with his posts. Sorry if anyone was inconvenienced.
Well...OK. But where is Orangeyes?