Is this a Season on the | Syracusefan.com

Is this a Season on the

Cuse'91

All American
BRINK?

Never mind that we just broke a 10 game ACC losing streak. It just feels like we are on the verge of making a run in this damned Johnny Reb Conference. The coaches need to do everything possible to bring in as many experienced, impact players as they can. I don't even care if they are 1 year hired guns; the Atlantic Division is gonna be ripe for the picking next season.

An absolute no-brainer move is to get in touch with that Albany kid's hs coach, his parents, his parents' dog-groomer, whoever. Bring him in to lock down 1 DE spot.

cant talk until he goes to the portal . can coaches talk though?

This is a hard season to predict, but I’m expecting a bowl and that we win said bowl.

BRINK?

Never mind that we just broke a 10 game ACC losing streak. It just feels like we are on the verge of making a run in this damned Johnny Reb Conference. The coaches need to do everything possible to bring in as many experienced, impact players as they can. I don't even care if they are 1 year hired guns; the Atlantic Division is gonna be ripe for the picking next season.

An absolute no-brainer move is to get in touch with that Albany kid's hs coach, his parents, his parents' dog-groomer, whoever. Bring him in to lock down 1 DE spot.

Yes please.

Another contingency we must plan for is Garrett Williams leaving early. Would love a big, cover corner in the Iffy mold, to go opposite Duce. Smurf and Cole are gamers, but so undersized.

The Louisville HC was on Packer and Durham this morning and said Syracuse can “beat any team in this league”, and he’s right.

With GS at the helm, that's definitely true.

Really wish we hadn't stubbed our toe against FSU. Or that we'd knocked off Wake. Or that we'd made the QB change before Rutgers. All missed opportunities.

Need to get to 6.

Another contingency we must plan for is Garrett Williams leaving early. Would love a big, cover corner in the Iffy mold, to go opposite Duce. Smurf and Cole are gamers, but so undersized.
we keep saying he will leave , but he isnt even on most draft boards. he is maybe fringe top 90 on some, he would have to test really well to get into a top 3 draft spot.

I don't see it this year but Trill did it so who knows.

It's a season on the verge of greatness if we beat BC, Louisville, NC State
Yeah, we've won one game. One. While I'm optimistic about this team, let's see how we do the rest of the way, starting with Saturday against a ho-hum BC team before we start calling ourselves leading contender for next year.

Well, the team that has been the best team in the league, we took to overtime and lost on a spectacular catch.

So, yeah...
It’s just nice hearing other ACC coaches say out loud what we all already know.

We had Ohio on the road and Albany at home. We should have gone 2-0 against that and we did.

We have at home Rutgers, Liberty, Wake, Clemson, BC, Pitt. We should go 4-2 against that. Right now it is a long shot at 3-3.

We have on the road FSU, VA Tech, Louisville, NC State. We should go 1-3 against that. Right no we have a great shot at being 2-2.

We really should have gone 7-5 this year. It will be difficult to get there but is still possible.

nc st could set up well for us.. If they lose to Lou then FSU/Wake on the road and us before the UNC game. We will see how well they handle the Miami loss.

we keep saying he will leave , but he isnt even on most draft boards. he is maybe fringe top 90 on some, he would have to test really well to get into a top 3 draft spot.
I don't see it this year but Trill did it so who knows.
Hope he stays too. But, maybe these bouts of injuries this season, pushes him to jump. Just can't let this be a Tristan Jackson blind side.

nc st could set up well for us.. If they lose to Lou then FSU/Wake on the road and us before the UNC game. We will see how well they handle the Miami loss.
we played NCSU tough last year. we always seem to play them tough, I think we have a chance to knock them off

Talked to a State fan today who said State is doing their usual thing now that he expects as a Wolfpack fan.

Being favored is weird. I think we were favored slightly in 2019 after Duke. We are also decent favorites. I just want a win.

I don’t see this being an ugly game from us so it’s only if BC play out of their minds am I concerned but again see 2019.