Is this the year Colgate wins? | Syracusefan.com

Is this the year Colgate wins?

O_YY

Walk On
Apparently they're supposed to be good this year. Syracuse and Colgate have played every year since 1902, but Colgate hasn't won since 1962. I'm bullish on Syracuse this year, (if by bullish I mean they'll be an average ACC team) and they can still have a good season if they lose to Colgate.

I was still optimistic after the UVA game. We lose to Colgate and I’ll firmly be on the “we suck” train.

They have a good PG and C but we should be able to get around them on offense. Can see us winning by 10-12 assuming we actually play well

Lose to Colgate, and "we suck" is a massive understatement.
Colgate preview:

They are a good outside shooting team with a veteran PG and a legit size inside (6’9 and 6’10). With our soft and weak bigs and lack of an inside game, this could come down to an outside shooting game. I hope we attack them inside and get their bigs in foul trouble. We still have better athletes and more depth and should be able to have at least some success inside.

This will be a good game to watch the young PGs and see if any are able to successfully execute a half court offense. Might be a good idea to put some pressure on them. I think it will speed up the game and leverage our major advantages with athleticism and depth.

Colgate preview:

They are a good outside shooting team with a veteran PG and a legit size inside (6’9 and 6’10). With our soft and weak bigs and lack of an inside game, this could come down to an outside shooting game. I hope we attack them inside and get their bigs in foul trouble. We still have better athletes and more depth and should be able to have at least some success inside.

This will be a good game to watch the young PGs and see if any are able to successfully execute a half court offense. Might be a good idea to put some pressure on them. I think it will speed up the game and leverage our major advantages with athleticism and depth.
No kidding, I have been worried about this Game before the Virginia game. these guys gave Tenn a game in the tournament if i recall correctly. On a brighter note, can you imagine what the board will look like after a Colgate loss?

Is this is a Colgate fan talking passive aggressive crap? Or did I read that wrong?
I'm more of a Cuse football fan than a basketball one, I'll root for the Colgate's/other upstate NY team's of the world when they play SU, I don't own any Colgate merch or anything, and haven't been to any games either. But I do have Binghamton stuff and have been to a few of their games in the past.

No kidding, I have been worried about this Game before the Virginia game. these guys gave Tenn a game in the tournament if i recall correctly. On a brighter note, can you imagine what the board will look like after a Colgate loss?
It would be an epic meltdown.

Colgate’s gotta like their chances
If they. Are ever going to beat Syracuse, I would think this would be the year. Next season, I think there is a good possibility Syracuse will return to the top 25. We should have a nice blend of experience and young talent. Colgate should be a little better next year too but Syracuse should take a big step forward next season.

Colgate preview:

Seriously. We are actually having a discussion about the fact that we have to be worried about losing to Colgate.

Seriously. We are actually having a discussion about the fact that we have to be worried about losing to Colgate.
I think the title of best college team in New York State may will be determined by this game. Colgate isn’t a top 25 team but they might be a top 50 team. This is their best team possibly ever and this is surely one of our weaker teams in a long time. Especially early in the season.

The good news is that the win over Colgate last year was Syracuse’s 53th in a row, which broke a UCLA record. Syracuse has beaten Colgate more times in a row than any college basketball rivalry. Any wins from this point forward are just gravy.

Colgate’s beat hope to to show how upset Syracuse and root for Cornell to lost another 10 or 15 in a row to the Orange to break their record. It ain’t much but it is something.

Colgate gave Tennessee all they could handle last year in the NCAAs. Without their best player for half the game. That guard put on a show. I’d tread lightly here.

I think the title of best college team in New York State may will be determined by this game. Colgate isn’t a top 25 team but they might be a top 50 team. This is their best team possibly ever and this is surely one of our weaker teams in a long time. Especially early in the season.

The good news is that the win over Colgate last year was Syracuse’s 53th in a row, which broke a UCLA record. Syracuse has beaten Colgate more times in a row than any college basketball rivalry. Any wins from this point forward are just gravy.

Colgate’s beat hope to to show how upset Syracuse and root for Cornell to lost another 10 or 15 in a row to the Orange to break their record. It ain’t much but it is something.
Any wins forward are just gravy. Are you serious. Any loss forward is a disaster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom