Is virginia ready for this? | Syracusefan.com

Is virginia ready for this?

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
We were in elite 8 2 years ago. Final 4 last year. 2 epic hyped games this month with duke. Virginia hasn't played a game this important in forever. This is a big boy game virginia, this is a big boy game joe harris. This ain't playing duke in early January or Miami at home. This is march with the ACC regular season title on the line. You're not the plucky little underdogs anymore. You're expected to win this game. Lets see what you got.

We were in elite 8 2 years ago. Final 4 last year. 2 epic hyped games this month with duke. Virginia hasn't played a game this important in forever. This is a big boy game virginia, this is a big boy game joe harris. This ain't playing duke in early January or Miami at home. This is march with the ACC regular season title on the line. You're not the plucky little underdogs anymore. You're expected to win this game. Lets see what you got.
Don't kid yourself, they're ready. I'm more interested to see if we'll be ready.

Eh we will be ready and play hard! The bigger question is can we score inside? If we do we win no problem if we don't its a very close game. Cooney and CJ making their jumpers early would really help but even without that I think grant is a key guy in this game. He should be able to beat anyone VA puts on him off the dribble and elevate over any help defense after that. If he hurts them and they start sitting back and crowding the lane then again CJ, Trevor and Ennis it an extent will have to make jump shots.

You're right, we haven't played in a game this important in a very long time. The only game that approaches being in the same area code (forget neighborhood) for hype was the Duke game last year (Feb 28) at home. It's the one with the students rushing the court at the end of the ACC commercial. Harris had 36, Mitchell had 19. But, as they say in the ads for mutual funds on Wall St., past performance does not guarantee future results.

Eh we will be ready and play hard! The bigger question is can we score inside? If we do we win no problem if we don't its a very close game. Cooney and CJ making their jumpers early would really help but even without that I think grant is a key guy in this game. He should be able to beat anyone VA puts on him off the dribble and elevate over any help defense after that. If he hurts them and they start sitting back and crowding the lane then again CJ, Trevor and Ennis it an extent will have to make jump shots.

Explain to me- when have we "won with no problem"?

Teams area always ready for big games. Readiness doesn't always equate to great performances. I highly doubt that either SU or VA looking at Saturday lightly. Certainly one team could wildly outplay the other and win by a good margin but I would suspect that would be a shooting thing. Both are good enough defensively where if they have an everything is going shooting night no one is beating them.

Don't kid yourself, they're ready. I'm more interested to see if we'll be ready.
I think Syracuse is always ready to play as they have proven this year. They are always prepared and scout well. I'm never concerned with that.

I would love to see a complete offensive performance after having some days to rest and practice. I don't think Virginia will crumble once the ball is tipped. People can point to history and how we obviously have more, but players won't be thinking about that once the ball is being bounced and I doubt any will. Just about every team syracuse has played recently has been ready and have had chances to win. Syracuse hasn't exactly been blowing teams out or offensively pulling away from teams down the stretch. Virginia is on a nice roll and will be playing in front of a solid home crowd. This should be just like all the rest, a good battle between two very good teams. I would love a Cuse blowout tho as my nerves are pretty much shot after the past few weeks.

Explain to me- when have we "won with no problem"?

26-2 is a pretty good percentage and we have played a bunch of games against the pace and style we will see Saturday. Its just the way I see it. I feel like we are a good shooting start away from having a very good shooting game which has been the biggest issue in us not winning easily.

26-2 is a pretty good percentage and we have played a bunch of games against the pace and style we will see Saturday. Its just the way I see it. I feel like we are a good shooting start away from having a very good shooting game which has been the biggest issue in us not winning easily.

Agreed, 26 out of 28 is incredible, but doesn't tell the story of how any of those games were won (or lost).

So we win easily if we have a good shooting start, good shooting game by Fair/Ennis/Cooney, get inside production, and Grant is aggressive driving to the hoop. Easy enough!

Hasn't all occurred in a game this year, which probably explains why we have't won easily very much, if at all. :)

Agreed, 26 out of 28 is incredible, but doesn't tell the story of how any of those games were won (or lost).

So we win easily if we have a good shooting start, good shooting game by Fair/Ennis/Cooney, get inside production, and Grant is aggressive driving to the hoop. Easy enough!

Hasn't all occurred in a game this year, which probably explains why we have't won easily very much, if at all. :)

You got it! But that has to happen sometime and I think the coaches may look at this game and decide that Grant is the advantage they would like to start out exploiting. I think if he can start well, maybe some clean up board work by Christmas and Fair to go with it we can then get some inside out looks for Cooney.

R U serious ?
Don't get me wrong, I'm confident in us getting the W. Maybe questioning if we'll be ready is not what I meant. I suppose I'm wondering if we'll execute better. The offensive production the past few games along with JG's back injury is a bit unsettling. I'm stating the obvious here, but TC needs to get it rolling. His points really tend to be the difference in us being able to control the game.

The 7min scoring droughts are killer. I still feel we lost the Duke game b/c of our inability to score in the last 10 minutes of the first half. Also, I may have a bit of negativity in me b/c I still can't believe we lost to BC. They've won 6 games this season, ugh.

Don't get me wrong, I'm confident in us getting the W. Maybe questioning if we'll be ready is not what I meant. I suppose I'm wondering if we'll execute better. The offensive production the past few games along with JG's back injury is a bit unsettling. I'm stating the obvious here, but TC needs to get it rolling. His points really tend to be the difference in us being able to control the game.

The 7min scoring droughts are killer. I still feel we lost the Duke game b/c of our inability to score in the last 10 minutes of the first half. Also, I may have a bit of negativity in me b/c I still can't believe we lost to BC. They've won 6 games this season, ugh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom