Isaiah Johnson has been medically disqualified after suffering multiple concussions | Syracusefan.com

Isaiah Johnson has been medically disqualified after suffering multiple concussions

Oh man. Feel bad for the kid. Looks like our DT depth just went from low to nonexistent. I hope you're ready to play from Day One Steve Clark!
We have a four man rotation in the middle right now (Samuel, Raymon, Williams, Slayton). Hopefully, one of the freshmen is ready to go. Also, hopefully Ron Thompson doesn't have to play in the middle.

Just saw it on Twitter. Such a shame for this kid, who showed a lot of potential.

Depth is a concern, but I think the guys we recruited in the trenches are working hard right now to try and make an immediate impact in the fall. I really like both Clark and Cross.

Sorry to hear for this kid had major upside at DL. Does this end his career or is he out for 2015 only?

Orangejet said:
Sorry to hear for this kid had major upside at DL. Does this end his career or is he out for 2015 only?

Done.

It is the right decision. I hope he gets a degree from SU and goes on to be a successful and healthy human.

I am very concerned about the depth at DL for next season:

DE:
Thompson
Simmons
Arcenegia

DT:
Raymon
Samuels
Slayton
Williams

... thats it for guys with any type of experience. We will need at least one frosh DE and DT to step up. I think Clark and Cross both have the ability to. As for DE, Pickard needs to add weight fast, he's the only guy I could see coming and making an impact right away. Maybe Ealey? Slayton will have to cross train at DE/DT like Thompson did. One injury and we are in big trouble.

What disappointing news. I was really excited to see what Isaiah could do the next two years. But concussion issues are nothing to mess around with, especially after reading about his experience after the FSU game in Bailey's article. Glad they are being smart about it for Isaiah's future.

Too bad. I liked him a lot. DE depth is scary thin. One or two freshmen are going to have to play, whether the are ready or not. I hate when players have to be rushed in to playing time.

I was always high on Johnson. Really sad news. We can't catch a break with this concussion thing.

It is the right decision. I hope he gets a degree from SU and goes on to be a successful and healthy human.

I am very concerned about the depth at DL for next season:

DE:
Thompson
Simmons
Arcenegia

DT:
Raymon
Samuels
Slayton
Williams

... thats it for guys with any type of experience. We will need at least one frosh DE and DT to step up. I think Clark and Cross both have the ability to. As for DE, Pickard needs to add weight fast, he's the only guy I could see coming and making an impact right away. Maybe Ealey? Slayton will have to cross train at DE/DT like Thompson did. One injury and we are in big trouble.

eek. DE is thin, DT looks ok at the moment. What about the Juco they are bringing in Taylor, could he play rush end? Arceniga has never been healthy, so that is a scary proposition. Hope Ron T can play entire games.

Feel terrible for him, he was always a class act and looked really promising as a true frosh. I wonder if this problem had something to do with his dropoff last year, wouldn't surprise me.

Saw this coming, guys, when we all heard that he had to be kept in a dark room and lost his memory. Glad that he was being monitored and pulled out of the game. Does it hurt us? Yeah. But Isaiah would have been the one truly hurting had he kept on playing. In a twisted way, these kind of medical examinations contribute--in another small way--to making the game safer.

eek. DE is thin, DT looks ok at the moment. What about the Juco they are bringing in Taylor, could he play rush end? Arceniga has never been healthy, so that is a scary proposition. Hope Ron T can play entire games.

Simmons and Luke both have injury histories. Going to need a true freshman.