Class of 2014 - Isaiah Whitehead | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Isaiah Whitehead

I'm wondering, are we going to take both Whitehead and Kaleb Joseph if they both want to jump onboard? I would assume so, of course, and I'd love that. Add a pair of athletic 6-3/6-4 guards who can play either spot and I'll be happy.

Little highlight reel from the game.
Whitehead tallied 11 points, 10 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals. To note, this team is stacked and Whitehead doesn't always score in bunches. From what I've seen and heard, the dude just wants to win. Doesn't care how they do it, as long as the team wins. Every player should think this way. It is a team sport after all :)

Isaiah interview at 4:10. He was double teamed often so he said he kept looking to his teammates and they picked him up.
To be fair, I didn't love how he didn't get out on the shooter at 2:15, but the guy was deep beyond the line.

Between him and Kaleb Joseph, I'm sure the staff would be happy to get either guy as they both seem to be vested fully in winning.

The finals are set for Saturday, 3/16 at 12pm, MSG.

Gimme Kaleb, this dude can go sniff Cal's Jock.

Gimme Kaleb, this dude can go sniff Cal's Jock.
You're probably right and I'm also a big Kaleb fan, but you never what will happen if Whitehead chooses not to go a jock sniffin'.
Let's just hope Kaleb doesn't like the smell of CalJock :D

Does anyone know where Whitehead is at in his recruitment? The kid has "high interest" in about 10 schools, which leads me to believe that this a "highest bidder wins" scenario.

Does anyone know where Whitehead is at in his recruitment? The kid has "high interest" in about 10 schools, which leads me to believe that this a "highest bidder wins" scenario.

That's how seems ultimately always seem to work out with Lincoln products, but in this case I think we've got a great shot with Whitehead.

He takes a lot of low percentage shots, but at least he has a good three point shot.

Last I heard a few months ago it was Cuse, UK, Ville, Zona, and Maryland with the Under Armour connection that were in play. The kid will milk the process no doubt.

Isaiah Whitehead@Isaiah_W15
17m

All The Rumors About Me Signing To The Cuse Today Is False ✔
Retweeted by Zach Braziller
what rumors??? nothing on this site
tumblr_m2qol71wYD1qb73eb.gif

If I had to take a guess it sounds like someone is trying to generate interest from other schools.

Would love to see Whitehead at SU but he must be looking at our team, with 3 2guards that will still be with the team the following year. Assuming Cooney, silent G, and Patterson will still be on the hill. Makes sense for him to wait and see what happens. Still think from recent buzz that SU will get an athletic pg with a high ceiling to back up Ennis.

Would love to see Whitehead at SU but he must be looking at our team, with 3 2guards that will still be with the team the following year. Assuming Cooney, silent G, and Patterson will still be on the hill. Makes sense for him to wait and see what happens. Still think from recent buzz that SU will get an athletic pg with a high ceiling to back up Ennis.
He's already better than Cooney and Buss. So I doubt he's concerned about them. Ennis and Mike G might make him concern if he's worrying about starting but like I mentioned in the Joseph thread, the best thing JB can tell a guard about coming off the bench is "Dion Waiters":).

He's already better than Cooney and Buss. So I doubt he's concerned about them. Ennis and Mike G might make him concern if he's worrying about starting but like I mentioned in the Joseph thread, the best thing JB can tell a guard about coming off the bench is "Dion Waiters":).

That's a great point. The Dion success/model must be appealing to many. I can't imagine any guard not liking his game. Waiters is dynamic in the pick' n roll and getting to the hoop.

I'm not sure kids want to hear that they may come off the bench even if they are better than the starter...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

I'm not sure kids want to hear that they may come off the bench even if they are better than the starter...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
You wouldn't necessarily be telling them that they will be coming off the bench, but if that happens to be the case then it doesn't mean that you won't play starter minutes, and Waiters is the perfect example of that. Plus JB wouldn't be telling these kids that they're going to be coming off the bench for their entire SU career.

In my view JB's handling of Dion was an embarrasement to the program and hurts with recruiting kids like Whitehead. Starting Tiche over Waiters for every game was more about politics than about strategy.