It’s about to get ugly with Nike | Syracusefan.com

It’s about to get ugly with Nike

Status
Not open for further replies.
tenor.gif

We have zero to worry about right?
I would assume so. I doubt JAB was pushing his luck while already under probation and sanctions and seemed to know who to stay away from. Also based on our recent recruiting hauls.

We have zero to worry about right?

I don't think any of the recordings are likely to involve SU. They were apparently made by Avenatti's client, EYBL basketball coach Gary Franklin of the California Supreme team, which is based in Los Angeles. I don't think SU was involved with any of his players.

In any event, according to this ESPN article, the Judge denied Avenatti's application to subpoena the recordings for use in the upcoming criminal trial. The issue in that trial is whether Avenatti is guilty of extortion for demanding hush money from Nike. The hush money allegedly would have been for Avenatti, rather than to his client Franklin.

The ESPN article mentions only two players, former Arizona center DeAndre Ayton and former Oregon center Bol Bol. A few months ago, Avenatti had tweeted something about Zion Williamson, too. I don't recall Avenatti mentioning anyone connected to SU.

I don't think any of the recordings are likely to involve SU. They were apparently made by Avenatti's client, EYBL basketball coach Gary Franklin of the California Supreme team, which is based in Los Angeles. I don't think SU was involved with any of his players.

In any event, according to this ESPN article, the Judge denied Avenatti's application to subpoena the recordings for use in the upcoming criminal trial. The issue in that trial is whether Avenatti is guilty of extortion for demanding hush money from Nike. The hush money allegedly would have been for Avenatti, rather than to his client Franklin.

The ESPN article mentions only two players, former Arizona center DeAndre Ayton and former Oregon center Bol Bol. A few months ago, Avenatti had tweeted something about Zion Williamson, too. I don't recall Avenatti mentioning anyone connected to SU.
Buddy got a bag.

Well, for anyone who wants coach to retire this could force that (although I don’t think SU will be involved or mentioned).

Opening statements in the Nike extortion trial began today:

Prosecutor: “When he looked at the coach, he did not see a client to help," the prosecutor said. “He saw dollar signs for himself.”

Last edited:
I just realized this was an old thread that I’ve already cracked a joke in...
Better late than never. I'm better off hanging out in this thread anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom