It’s Macky Time | Syracusefan.com

It’s Macky Time

bigmike

Connoisseur of head and legroom.
Super smart kid, and a coaching legacy. The jump from position coach to HC is huge, but I’d take a few years of a learning curve in return for someone who may have extraordinary potential. What’s to lose?

Thank you for stopping by Macky. I would love for you to get some experience as a coordinator first though.

Obviously i'm joshin but the sentiment remains. I think the jump from RB coach at Kent State to Head Coach of a P5 is a bit like going from Store Manager of the local Target to CEO of the company. Alright Target is an overestimation of Syracuse but still.

F37D49C0-499C-4A4F-A526-3D5BF258A2CD.gif

Super smart kid, and a coaching legacy. The jump from position coach to HC is huge, but I’d take a few years of a learning curve in return for someone who may have extraordinary potential. What’s to lose?
This is the greatest troll post of all time. I love it. If I wasn’t married, i would marry it and raise a family of little tiny troll posts just like it.

I like him too, and would be good with him joining our coaching staff in some role.

Giving a guy a P5 head coaching job who hasn’t held a higher position than Kent State RB coach, and who is two years removed from coaching college football in any capacity, would be beyond insane.

View attachment 206090
Thanks, but doesn’t make me any less desperate.
Didn't someone suggest Tom Coughlin last time around. He would be a great hire but I don't think that is the direction the program should go. Someone else suggested Matt Patricia. Not a good start as head coach and would he be any better in college. Cuse needs to hire a proven HC, probably in his 40's, who can right the ship from day one.

Kind of surprised his coaching career ended so quickly. Always thought he was one of the smartest football players we have had. Just goes to show most of us have no idea what we are talking about whatsoever
Maybe he wanted to establish roots. Some of these assistant coaches move 15 times in 15 years. It's not the life of luxury. So he could still be the smartest.