It’s Portal time! | Syracusefan.com

It’s Portal time!

Hope we play. Wishful thinking BUT I do know JB wants a nice run into the NCAAs for buddy. If Sid does not return, with the mass exodus (that’s predicted), I really do think we will try and nab a C transfer and have Frank be the official backup.

Hope we play. Wishful thinking BUT I do know JB wants a nice run into the NCAAs for buddy. If Sid does not return, with the mass exodus (that’s predicted), I really do think we will try and nab a C transfer and have Frank be the official backup.

So Edwards is just going to be gone after he starts looking like he can be a legit piece? That’s extremely disappointing.

So Edwards is just going to be gone after he starts looking like he can be a legit piece? That’s extremely disappointing.
Gotta agree with you. Think a full offseason and weight training is gonna do wonders for both Jesse and Frank. If they develop for next year I think we’ll be in great shape. Wouldn’t hurt to see if we can find one in the portal as well.

Gotta agree with you. Think a full offseason and weight training is gonna do wonders for both Jesse and Frank. If they develop for next year I think we’ll be in great shape. Wouldn’t hurt to see if we can find one in the portal as well.

My expectation is that they'll be the two bigs we roll with.

My expectation is that they'll be the two bigs we roll with.
Same here. I like that combo as well. Both provide a defensive presence and can finish around the rim.
Agreed. If BS comes back healthy too he would be great insurance. But if they both (JE/FA) take the next step than I think they both can help solve the issues we’re having at the 5.

Would u stay? Cuz I wouldn’t. Why deal with JB’s uncertainty and his mouth. I hope Jesse stays but two years in the system and still getting this treatment...I was told it was very likely that both bigs are going to dip

Would u stay? Cuz I wouldn’t. Why deal with JB’s uncertainty and his mouth. I hope Jesse stays but two years in the system and still getting this treatment...I was told it was very likely that both bigs are going to dip

So we would have no Centers? I'm sorry but that makes absolutely no sense at all.

So we would have no Centers? I'm sorry but that makes absolutely no sense at all.
Not at all what I said. For how hard we’re going after a 2022 center, the scenario makes perfect perfect sense. The two sophomores transfer (for the record again, I dont want Jesse to go and if you go back to the Jesse thread on the main page, I’m defending him repeatedly). Either Sid comes back for that 5th year to promote that he is healthy and can play professional ball somewhere OR we nab a transfer (I’m guessing grad) and roll with Frank for 2021 and 2022 comes and Frank starts with the potential of Mulvany is the backup for 1 year.

My source has said that it’s extremely likely that both centers transfer. It’s going to take a hell of a sell job at the exit interview of JB to keep one of them here. And I don’t blame either one for dipping.

Not at all what I said. For how hard we’re going after a 2022 center, the scenario makes perfect perfect sense. The two sophomores transfer (for the record again, I dont want Jesse to go and if you go back to the Jesse thread on the main page, I’m defending him repeatedly). Either Sid comes back for that 5th year to promote that he is healthy and can play professional ball somewhere OR we nab a transfer (I’m guessing grad) and roll with Frank for 2021 and 2022 comes and Frank starts with the potential of Mulvany is the backup for 1 year.

My source has said that it’s extremely likely that both centers transfer. It’s going to take a hell of a sell job at the exit interview of JB to keep one of them here. And I don’t blame either one for dipping.

Even 1 center makes little sense but ok. If Marek leaves then that means there are minutes at the 5 for two guys for sure.

Am I missing something (I am sure I am)...who is the other soph?

I don’t blame him at all, but from a fans perspective I think he should be the starting 5 next season. Knowing JB he will do something crazy like starting Benny there.

If you're Jesse, you can likely see the starting gig next year. Perhaps, the sell is easier now than it was a month ago? Hopefully...plus he has some confidence from playing well these last few games. Totally agree anything could happen, but, here is my best guess for next years rotation.

C- Jesse, Frank
PF - Benny
SF - AG (maybe) Braswell - they both won't leave.
SG - Buddy
PG, Kadary, Joe

Marek, Sid, JBA, Woody, move on. QQ goes pro.

Between AG/Braswell/Woody, one definitely stays as they are playing a ton. My guess is AG, but I am likely to be wrong there.

Last edited:
If you're Jesse, you can likely see the starting gig next year. Perhaps, the sell is easier now than it was a month ago? Hopefully...Plus he has some confidence from playing well these last few games. Totally agree anything could happen, but, here is my best guess for next years rotation.

C- Jesse, Frank
PF - Benny
SF - AG (maybe) Braswell - they wont both leave.
SG - Buddy
PG, Kadary, Joe

Marek, Sid, JBA, Woody, move on. QQ goes pro.

Between AG/Braswell/Woody, one definitely stays as they are playing a ton. My guess is AG, but I am likely to be wrong there.

Plus at least two transfers I would figure. Gotta have at least nine on scholly plus Owens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom