It’s Portal time! | Page 46 | Syracusefan.com

It’s Portal time!

He will still pick Duke first for like the 7th consecutive year and be wrong as usual.

Don't they have three top 20 guys coming in? Not saying Duke won't be at the top of the ACC, but don't think it's crazy to pick them.

Don't they have three top 20 guys coming in? Not saying Duke won't be at the top of the ACC, but don't think it's crazy to pick them.

No different than any of their other classes they never won the league with. Not that I am saying they won’t win it this year, but there “seems” to be diminishing returns with guys ranked outside the top 5 than when they have guys just in the top 5.

No different than any of their other classes they never won the league with. Not that I am saying they won’t win it this year, but there “seems” to be diminishing returns with guys ranked outside the top 5 than when they have guys just in the top 5.

Listen, I'll be rooting for them to lose every game. Hope you're right.

A team full of one and dones is so hard to project. The talent is very visible, but if the pieces don’t fit together well, a much less talented team can beat them. How many one and done teams have won the championship? Kentucky with Anthony Davis and Duke once?

A team full of one and dones is so hard to project. The talent is very visible, but if the pieces don’t fit together well, a much less talented team can beat them. How many one and done teams have won the championship? Kentucky with Anthony Davis and Duke once?

You can even argue that UK team wasn't a normal UK team bc the NBA lockout kept a few guys from declaring that likely otherwise would have.

Duke last won the ACC regular season championship in 2010. They won the ACC tournament in 2010, 2011, 2017, and 2019 and the NCAA tournament in 2010 and 2015. That seems like a lot of talent that didn't pan out.

Especially if they have Mark Williams and Matthew Hurt still around. Those guys will be 1st team All-ACC preseason picks.

Picking Duke to be the top ACC team next year would hardly be crazy. In fact, with all the turnover everywhere, it might be crazy not to pick them. Only UVA and FSU seem like contenders for that #1 preseason spot, and they'll both have attrition to deal with.

He wasnt what UK wanted this year (although he reclassified and came early I believe) the talent is there though just needs to develop his game more.

He wasnt what UK wanted this year (although he reclassified and came early I believe) the talent is there though just needs to develop his game more.

He wasn't ready for such a big role. Kid is a 2-4 year kid not a one year hit.

Especially if they have Mark Williams and Matthew Hurt still around. Those guys will be 1st team All-ACC preseason picks.

Picking Duke to be the top ACC team next year would hardly be crazy. In fact, with all the turnover everywhere, it might be crazy not to pick them. Only UVA and FSU seem like contenders for that #1 preseason spot, and they'll both have attrition to deal with.

It’s pretty much known on their board that Hurt is not coming back and Williams is up in the air.

Also we can regurgitate the same threads from the past 5 years where people said pretty much the same. I call out the journalists because I think it’s a bit lazy to go by just recruiting rankings. We are seeing that mean less and less outside the top 10 every season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom