It Ain’t Over. | Syracusefan.com

It Ain’t Over.

I am really down after last night's game. (Granted, I probably shouldn't be considering the circumstances). Just feel like it will take a minor miracle to even get into the bubble picture-- and if we lose to both FSU and 'Ville, well, I won't even go there...

My broader point being March madness has always been my favorite time of year, and to practically need to run the table to be included is seriously deflating this time of year.

I am really down after last night's game. (Granted, I probably shouldn't be considering the circumstances). Just feel like it will take a minor miracle to even get into the bubble picture-- and if we lose to both FSU and 'Ville, well, I won't even go there...

My broader point being March madness has always been my favorite time of year, and to practically need to run the table to be included is seriously deflating this time of year.
Agreed. Especially since clemson and NC state were ours.

I agree that we shouldn’t give up hope. But I think the more likely scenario for Cuse to make the dance is making a run in the ACC tournament.

To do that, they need to avoid the 6 or 7 seed. If they get the 6 or 7 they will likely have to beat all 3 of Duke, Florida State, and Louisville. I don’t like those chances!

It certainly isn't over. But right now feels like a game of Risk, when you don't control any more full continents so you're just getting the minimum 3 pieces each turn, and you know you're circling the drain.

(yes, I play that game on my iPad on flights to pass time)

It certainly isn't over. But right now feels like a game of Risk, when you don't control any more full continents so you're just getting the minimum 3 pieces each turn, and you know you're circling the drain.

Just in case this is helpful, check out Burgle Bros., Pandemic, and Splendor. Those are my to go games to play on flights.

Love the analogy and love the game

We have zero home advantage. We have 5 ACC home losses and a loss to Iowa. The students are a disgrace. The University needs to start selling the seats to real fans. They have shown up for only Virginia and Duke. We will miss out on the tournament because we have been very average at home. You can’t keep losing to average teams at home. Duke is the only above average team that beat us at the Dome.

Duke is the only above average team that beat us at the Dome.

For whatever it's worth, Iowa will probably be a 5/6 seed in the tourney. They're definitely above average.

I remember a time not to long ago, when Andy Katz wrote an article about the Dome, and how great our fans were, saying something like it sounded like a 747 taking off (during key stretches), and how the energy was palpable and contagious. I miss that.

Split the next two and only lose one of the last 5 and we are in decent shape for the ACCT likely just needing 1 win to be safe or zero to sweat out selection Sunday. 4-3 leaves us with a chance but work to do in the ACCT.

I'm at peace realizing we're likely heading to the NIT. Haven't given up but it's a tough climb.

At this point, the NIT isn't a given, especially with Hughes' injury and the uncertainty of it. Groin injuries, as are hammy's, can linger for sometime, and it doesn't take much to tweak it again if not fully recovered in an attempt to come back too soon.

Our next two games we will be considerable dogs, so that likely places us at 14-12. All of our remaining games afterwards are certainly winnable, but they just as easy can be L's, even with Hughes back for those.

Split the next two and only lose one of the last 5 and we are in decent shape for the ACCT likely just needing 1 win to be safe or zero to sweat out selection Sunday. 4-3 leaves us with a chance but work to do in the ACCT.
I know things are fluid, but right now, we are not even in the conversation for an at large, (unless you're a fan.). Split the next two and we are back to where we were before clemson IMHO. I just think we dug ourselves to big a hole.

Kind of like in tennis where a couple things go wrong and you're staring at a 4-1 deficit and down 15-40, sure it's possible but the odds are stacked... but I guess that's why they play the games.

I think if we beat either Louisville or Florida St and run the table we are on the bubble and would need to win at least one game to get in. If we win the rest of the games I think we are in. If we lose to both Florida St and Louisville then we would need to win the rest and then three games in the tournament. The league is so down that a run is actually possible this year. Go Orange!

Acc tourney champs ...book it
1581530685158.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom