It appears Rick Majerus has died. | Syracusefan.com

It appears Rick Majerus has died.

He was a great coach.

Also a very strange, odd man. But I enjoyed watching his teams play. Actually read his biography a few years ago, and was surprised by the number of Syracuse references he made throughout the book.

Indeed, sad if true.

But f twitter. Whether true or not, why is a guy like Porter Mose "breaking stories", knowingly or not? Things like this are for the family.

oh man... i just thought he wasn't well enough to coach. I didn't realize it was this bad. RIP coach. my thoughts go out to his family.

"It appears" ?

As a side note, they said that Pat Summerall was in good enough health to attend the SEC "legends" luncheon. (He went to Arkansas.)

Oh no, that's horrible.

Was a little concerned that he quit in the middle of the season; hoped he'd take the opportunity with some free time and look out for his health. He was a terrific guy and one of a dying breed. There aren't too many of those Al McGuire old-school smart-guy coaches left.

Coach Majerus is originally from my community (Sheboygan WI). He has had heart issues for years, in fact he has been on the transplant list for about 4 months now. It is extremely sad to hear of his passing, he was a unique character and a genuinely kind human being.

Terrible. A wonderful coach with a sparkle in his eye and a wit that will not be forgotten. RIP coach.

RIP coach. I remember Francessa and Mad Dog interviewing JB during the FF run in 96 and Francessa saying JB Rick and Francessa would go to dinner one night during FF week. Seemed to get tons of results outta little talent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's reunited with Al McGuire now. Two memorable characters who left quite a legacy for basketball fans.
2001-01-26-inside-mcguire-majerus.jpg

RIP Coach Majerus! I would have loved to have heard his commentary on Georgetown/Tennessee and the lack of O-fence.

So sad. RIP Coach. He was one of my favorites. Loved the guy.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Always thought highly of him and his teams. A great loss. RIP.

A true original and a fine man. RIP, Coach.

No one was able to get more out of his players. Great coach.

Sad. Great coach.

Not just a great coach. Seemed like a very likable, and well liked, guy. God bless.

Always enjoyed seeing him in interviews. Great character, and a funny guy. RIP.

Edit: and I didn't realize until I just read the story on ESPN that he's the guy who gave Doc Rivers his nickname. Puts into perspective how long he has had an impact on the basketball world.

Sad day, you will be missed Rick. RIP.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom