It was better to beat GT and lose to Stanford | Syracusefan.com

It was better to beat GT and lose to Stanford

Perhaps it actually is a wake up call they needed????!

No, not really. I mean, how does any player that puts on a Syracuse football uniform have a “wake up” call when the program has pretty much been abysmal for the better part of two plus decades? Because of same, you’d think they’d all be playing with a chip on their shoulders to change that paradigm, no?

It's better to have love and have lost than to have never loved at all

No, not really. I mean, how does any player that puts on a Syracuse football uniform have a “wake up” call when the program has pretty much been abysmal for the better part of two plus decades? Because of same, you’d think they’d all be playing with a chip on their shoulders to change that paradigm, no?
I’m coping I think

Perhaps it actually is a wake up call they needed????!
we were dominated on line play on both sides. When that happens, its usually an issue of talent rather than preparedness or scheme. sure you can compensate with scheme to some degree. but the hogs in the trenches are generally going to slop if up based on who is better.

I thought we'd lose to GTech and win this one. So we are right where I'd thought we'd be. A good solid season and nice bowl still squarely on the table. And that would make Fran's year 1 a success. Baby steps. We were never going to the CFB playoff.

Last edited:
In the big picture the loss doesnt mean much.

to get to the playoffs we probably had to win 11 games.

Who knows where the ACC ends up. If Miami is 11-0 when we play them and we by some miracle ran the table we would be 11-1 with that tiebreaker and who knows.

Getting there was always the long shot.

Everyone that thought we were going to the playoffs had their fantasy bubbles burst. Now everyone can come back to reality and realize building a program isn’t that easy

Exactly

You would think that we are Georgia or something here with our only goal to go to the playoffs.

Also with a 12 team playoff, losing ONE game doesn’t end it, especially with an auto bid from winning the ACC

we were dominated on line play on both sides. When that happens, it’s usually an issue of talent rather than preparedness or scheme.
so are we saying Stanford has out-recruited GTech? Because last week the sentiment was that our lines beat up on theirs.

I’m a realist. But there’s this thing one needs to do when building a program, win games. Win winnable games. It’s okay to lose games that you have no business winning but you have to win games that are winnable. Otherwise, you’re just always building until you’re finally deemed a loser and you get fired. I’m not overreacting to the loss. However, shrugging your shoulders and saying “well, we’re building a program” is exactly how we got here in the first place. We must win games. Coming close will never count. Until we win these games, there will be no shift because we will always be the loser. This was a bad loss. There’s no sugar coating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom