It Will All Come Back By 2020 | Syracusefan.com

It Will All Come Back By 2020

New Roof
New Lights
New Scoreboard
New Sound System
5G WiFi

And an entrance similar to this for FSU Primetime. And Cuse won't choke like the Chokies

this and jordans bulls the best entrances in sports

Would be sweet if they can dim the lights real low or just off for when the team makes their entrance.

Agreed, Bulls’ entrance was bad ass. I say we go with “Let the bodies hit the floor”.

I’m sure there wouldn’t be any complaints there.

New Roof
New Lights
New Scoreboard
New Sound System
5G WiFi

And an entrance similar to this for FSU Primetime. And Cuse won't choke like the Chokies

That is pretty good but the Dome can and will be a lot louder and more high tech spectacular. A new sheriff of Loud is coming to town...

Would be sweet if they can dim the lights real low or just off for when the team makes their entrance.

Agreed, Bulls’ entrance was bad ass. I say we go with “Let the bodies hit the floor”.

Besides from 90% of the players and younger fans who listen to different and newer music lol

so everyone is buying new cell phones next year to use the 5G?

I dont get how the scoreboard is going to be big enough for football and basketball? If it's not too big for basketball, wouldn't that make it on the smaller side for football? I'll still take it, but I'm still wondering and waiting for more info.

I dont get how the scoreboard is going to be big enough for football and basketball? If it's not too big for basketball, wouldn't that make it on the smaller side for football? I'll still take it, but I'm still wondering and waiting for more info.
Wondering the same thing. Trying to make it a jack-of-all-trades scoreboard is not the smartest move. I hope they're open to NOT putting the scoreboard directly above the basketball court. That seems to be the biggest sticking point with trying to satisfy viewing angles. If they place it above where the blue curtain used to be, they can make it as big as they want. Yeah, the fans in the pullout seating won't be able to see it but you can't please everybody all the time.

I think there is no doubt that compromises will need to be made here since the requirements and space availability is so different for both sports.

A really big scoreboard hanging from the 50 yard line will probably come into play on punts fairly often. One thing that will help is that the new roof will be considerably higher than the existing one. I believe the existing one is 165 feet high. The new roof will be about 29 feet higher.

The biggest scoreboard in the NBA is being installed in the new arena in Milwaukee and the panels on it are 25 feet high by 29 feet wide. If the one installed in the Dome is of similar size, even accounting for a ribbon on top to identify the arena/show advertising and overhang from the supporting cables, it shouldn't intrude more than 20 feet or so below the existing roof. Should be okay.

Wondering the same thing. Trying to make it a jack-of-all-trades scoreboard is not the smartest move. I hope they're open to NOT putting the scoreboard directly above the basketball court. That seems to be the biggest sticking point with trying to satisfy viewing angles. If they place it above where the blue curtain used to be, they can make it as big as they want. Yeah, the fans in the pullout seating won't be able to see it but you can't please everybody all the time.

Scoreboard placement is not stationary. I will move on a track for football and basketball. And I'm reasonably sure they have considered placement so it will not interfere with balls in play. New roof's peak will be significantly higher than current roof.

Scoreboard placement is not stationary. I will move on a track for football and basketball. And I'm reasonably sure they have considered placement so it will not interfere with balls in play. New roof's peak will be significantly higher than current roof.
Ball interference is not the concern. It's about accommodating fans who sit courtside and in the 100-level donating seating so they don't have to strain their necks to look up to see the video board.

Also, the new roof will only be a few feet higher than the current roof. I thought this was already put to bed.

Ive thoought about this for a long time and agree they should do it.

Forget basketball this is a FOOTBALL SCHOOL!

Ball interference is not the concern. It's about accommodating fans who sit courtside and in the 100-level donating seating so they don't have to strain their necks to look up to see the video board.

Also, the new roof will only be a few feet higher than the current roof. I thought this was already put to bed.
They'll have other video boards

My answer to that is we need to be deafening on our own before any help. Season can’t b here fast enough.

The team needs to come out with The rides of the Valkerys blasting.

Yes. 3rd downs when defense on the field. Back when the speaker volume wasn’t restricted, it was chilling. Loved it, another thing GRob/Gross killed.

On the other end of the spectrum was that brief period in the early 2000s when they played "Who let the dogs out?" like every 5 minutes. OMG kill me.

Last edited:
They should play the Bulls starting lineup music just once on third down during the Clemson game and see how many at the Dome go wild.