It Will Be 4 Years In December | Syracusefan.com

It Will Be 4 Years In December

3rdRecon

Scout Team
Since SU hired Dino. Despite the hype machine and locker room videos this Coaching Staff needs to recruit ACC talent. We should have started to see this in our depth by now. Is there anyone on the bench we are ultra excited to see get on the field? May be time for Dino to re-evaluate some of these MAC level coaches that populate this coaching staff. Been attending games for over 30 years and just not seeing the recruiting foundation needed to compete at a high level.

North Carolina landed the number 2 recruit in the country, he is about 20 miles down the road from us in Sanford NC. He picked the Heels because he said Mack could get him to the NFL. I wish recruits believed that about our coaching staff

Is there anyone on the bench we are ultra excited to see get on the field?
Jawhar Jordan & Neil Nunn. Each shined at times in preseason camp & Jawhar flashed on his 2 carries, albeit vs Holy Cross’s backups, before fumbling while fighting for extra yardage.
To a slightly lesser extent, Courtney Jackson & Hendrix if healthy.

North Carolina landed the number 2 recruit in the country, he is about 20 miles down the road from us in Sanford NC. He picked the Heels because he said Mack could get him to the NFL. I wish recruits believed that about our coaching staff
And?

Jawhar Jordan & Neil Nunn. Each shined at times in preseason camp & Jawhar flashed on his 2 carries, albeit vs Holy Cross’s backups, before fumbling while fighting for extra yardage.
To a slightly lesser extent, Courtney Jackson & Hendrix if healthy.
Nunn said on instagram that he cant play this year; didn't say why.

Nunn said on instagram that he cant play this year; didn't say why.
Appreciate the info. I assumed as much with him not traveling nor dressing for home games. I’m more than fine with him & Jordan redshirting this year, though I hope to see Jawhar use his 4 games.

Since SU hired Dino. Despite the hype machine and locker room videos this Coaching Staff needs to recruit ACC talent. We should have started to see this in our depth by now. Is there anyone on the bench we are ultra excited to see get on the field? May be time for Dino to re-evaluate some of these MAC level coaches that populate this coaching staff. Been attending games for over 30 years and just not seeing the recruiting foundation needed to compete at a high level.

OK. Public service announcement:

Dino
Lead
Ys
To
10 freaking wins
Last year.

it was literally historical.

instead of all of us being little bttches about it, have some faith that people around the current program can succeed. My goodness...

We are all avid supporters of the program here. Nothing wrong with expressing frustration. Its not like we have been down this road before. Did you envision this is where the program would stand at this point in the season; if so I bet you would be in the minority A poster above gave some good examples of some up and coming players we can look forward to. Is that enough - sure does not appear to be. I try to view this build through the lens of our recruiting and overall it does not appear we are having a great deal of success with recruiting lineman. Hopefully recruiting will continue to improve. Based on the timeline given by the coach many had higher expectations. We don,t appear to be playing at the speed on offense that was advertised - that points to personnel. No one in this thread called to fire the coach, people are expressing frustration And they have a right to. Jumping in and insulting people is BS. You have different opinion - fine.

Got to get better players - especially on both lines

OK. Public service announcement:

Dino
Lead
Ys
To
10 freaking wins
Last year.

it was literally historical.

instead of all of us being little bttches about it, have some faith that people around the current program can succeed. My goodness...
Yeah and P had 10 in 2001, over 100 career wins, huge wins over major programs, followed it up with 3 6 win seasons and was shown the door. If we don’t get to 6 this year then why does Dino get so much more slack?

Yeah and P had 10 in 2001, over 100 career wins, huge wins over major programs, followed it up with 3 6 win seasons and was shown the door. If we don’t get to 6 this year then why does Dino get so much more slack?
Because Dino didn’t inherit much to work with. That’s why. He needs to overhaul his staff and find recruiters though. Like the guy he lost to Maryland. Huge blow. His job security will depend on making some tough, non-personal business decisions.

Because Dino didn’t inherit much to work with. That’s why. He needs to overhaul his staff and find recruiters though. Like the guy he lost to Maryland. Huge blow. His job security will depend on making some tough, non-personal business decisions.

I feel like he got Dungey to work with which proved to be a godsend for him.

The excuses have to end. P recruited McNabb and made his own success post the disaster 1993 season where we still won more than we loss.

Dino has coached and managed poorly. Maybe he believes his hype. I truly don’t know if we know if he put the time in this year to put this to another level

All I know is we took a major step back this year and I always look to the HC as the reason. Again not calling for his ouster but the man needs to be accountable and the buck has to stop w him.

And why can't dino land a recruit like that?
We generally play within the rules

That kid grew up in North Carolina

CNY doesn't produce national top ten kids

What SU coach has landed a top five kid?

You'd have to go back to Morant. Before him, maybe Konrad?

Dino did land some highly rated kids the past couple of years, top 250-300. We hadn't seen that in 15-20 years.

That kids recruitment was unique to begin with. He never visited any of his top five before committing (though he did just visit Florida). His top three were VT, USCe, and UNC, so being close to home mattered.

Mack Brown is doing the Rutgers thing, building a wall around NC. This class is over 50% N Carolina prospects. He has all the high school coaches eating out of his hand, and he has massive 'booster' support.

Dino did land some highly rated kids the past couple of years, top 250-300. We hadn't seen that in 15-20 years.

That kids recruitment was unique to begin with. He never visited any of his top five before committing (though he did just visit Florida). His top three were VT, USCe, and UNC, so being close to home mattered.

Mack Brown is doing the Rutgers thing, building a wall around NC. This class is over 50% N Carolina prospects. He has all the high school coaches eating out of his hand, and he has massive 'booster' support.

Konrad was imo the last recruit we got that every single school in America would have died to have. Parade All American I think. Legit coup to pry him from ND

Konrad was imo the last recruit we got that every single school in America would have died to have. Parade All American I think. Legit coup to pry him from ND
So 1993-1994, or 25 plus years ago, around the time we had 4 ten plus win seasons in six years. 56-14-3 from 87-92. Much easier to recruit national level kids when you do that over an extended period of time.

The state of New York has produced a few not saying the number 2 recruit but a 4 star recruit now and then would be nice. Like the wr we lost to gatech. I know he's from PA but still.

The state of New York has produced a few not saying the number 2 recruit but a 4 star recruit now and then would be nice. Like the wr we lost to gatech. I know he's from PA but still.
Like four hours away from Syracuse?
3***, not 4****

Mack Brown is Mack Brown. Despite Texas' "downward trend" in his final years, he's a respected football mind with the resume to back it up having won a national championship and has put countless players in the NFL. North Carolina wasn't starved for talent last year. They had a terrible coach in Larry Fedora and bad execution when it mattered most. It's a good spot to be in especially in the weaker ACC division where they can be a power in a couple of seasons.

The Dino leaving rumors hurt us in recruiting a lot more then people believe.
Sucks we couldn't sustain last's years momentum see a fairly big jump in recruiting.

Amazing.

Ok, how about we went from being a perennial Top 25 program that fell out under P (for a variety of reasons) and Dino brought us back into the Top 25 for the first time in 15 years.

That help?

Amazing.

Ok, how about we went from being a perennial Top 25 program that fell out under P (for a variety of reasons) and Dino brought us back into the Top 25 for the first time in 15 years.

That help?
Will we be in the top 25 in the next 3 years so far this season I don’t think so if major changes aren’t made

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom