It's 1 Game | Syracusefan.com

It's 1 Game

CNY in Miami

Walk On
The kind of venom people are posting is absurd. The team wasn't in sync tonight, Valerri got lost, cost us big time, he will get better, the interception was a bad play, Mc Cord threw some bad passes that we didn't see in the first two games, the roughing the QB another big mistake more points, it's seems that they forgot that we have a great running back, Laquint needs to be a bigger part of the game. In spite of that they fought back to get the lead, and just like the whole game we were a bit off. We will win a lot of games.

We can recover, and I think we will, but…
1726893260076.gif

Not to nitpick but I really don’t think LQA is a great back. No disrespect, but I’m not sure he’s a strong point.

We've played 180 minutes of football and LQA hasn't beat a guy 1-on-1 yet.

He's a good north/south runner who gives a ton of effort but he's not big enough to carry the pile consistently.

I like him but am open to the possibility that Nixon might be better,.

He's a good north/south runner who gives a ton of effort but he's not big enough to carry the pile consistently.

He just is average. Doesn’t really do one thing particularly well…

To be fair it’s not just one game it is the same thing that has happened to this program year after year. Build some early season hype get, the fan base hopes up, get some positive media attention, and then lay an egg on national tv. People on this board getting tired of the same cycle is all.

As a fan, I would rather be in Fran Brown's position right now compared to a guy like Sherrod Moore...Long-term, Moore's prospects may be better with UM facilities and history etc...But Right now, we have a better than serviceable QB. Michigan's QB for instance has a 2/6 TD/Int ratio, and they are being forced to start a kid that looks a lot like Ashton Broyld than a Big 10 QB...Sherod's in way over his head in my opinion right now at Michigan.

It's a lot less worse than Nebraska getting popped by Illinois, San Jose State beating Wazzu right now...Fans get stuck too far in the future...If we get to HC and we are 4-0 we will be ranked than we will beat Miami for a spot in ACC Championship game etc...You gotta just win the week. Coaches like Saban and Harbaugh and Kirby those of that ilk, have every 15 minutes incremented and planned out for the entire week not just for practice...

We are upset Brown when was in a position to lose on 4th and 9...Let's remember the last two coaches at Cuse...We had a guy who flatly was confident in the fact that he didn't have an offensive playbook, and another guy who had a Nervous breakdown, and started talking about ISIS after losing to a MAC caliber team...Just win next week.

The kind of venom people are posting is absurd. The team wasn't in sync tonight, Valerri got lost, cost us big time, he will get better, the interception was a bad play, Mc Cord threw some bad passes that we didn't see in the first two games, the roughing the QB another big mistake more points, it's seems that they forgot that we have a great running back, Laquint needs to be a bigger part of the game. In spite of that they fought back to get the lead, and just like the whole game we were a bit off. We will win a lot of games.

Gadsden was a complete no show too. This has got to be his worst game in Orange.

I think we need to throw him the ball more. He isn’t going to make anyone miss and our Oline can’t run block worth a shyt.

It’s really not just one game. It’s if we lose to a bad team at home like that, what does that mean for the rest of the season. This team brought in a veteran quarterback to compete, not try to get to six wins to get into a nothing bowl where half the players won’t play. We could have kept Dino if we wanted that.

It’s really not just one game. It’s if we lose to a bad team at home like that, what does that mean for the rest of the season. This team brought in a veteran quarterback to compete, not try to get to six wins to get into a nothing bowl where half the players won’t play. We could have kept Dino if we wanted that.

One game doesn’t determine the season. Ever. Unless your Alabama hoping to make the national championship but now with expanded playoffs, one game matters less. How they played last night is no predictor of how they may/may not play in future games. For various reasons. Let’s wait to see if things a pattern or just a bad game.

To be fair it’s not just one game it is the same thing that has happened to this program year after year. Build some early season hype get, the fan base hopes up, get some positive media attention, and then lay an egg on national tv. People on this board getting tired of the same cycle is all.
also, what are the statistics for us winning a game after a bye week?

Yes it's just one game, but it's one not many expected us to stub our toe and it's an important season to get the program turned around. You're also legendary on the basketball board as someone who didn't see anything wrong with how the basketball program was going and would still be happy if JB was coach, so maybe you're not the best person to tell people not to panic.

Gadsden was a complete no show too. This has got to be his worst game in Orange.

I thought he must have been hurt or something but he was playing on special teams so that obviously wasn't the case. Very odd game for him, curious if Stanford took the quick read away and then the pass rush changed everything.

To me it's not just one game. I thought we played poorly against Ohio, great against GT, now terribly against Stanford. 2/3 games have been subpar.

I think that is the most puzzling thing of all to me. I can’t find how many times he was targeted but it wasn’t enough. He has to get more than 2 receptions.

5 targets, 2 receptions 12 total yards.

To be accurate, it's 3 games and 9 months of observations, so...

Who says Stanford is a bad team? Because they were picked last in the league??

We were pretty close to the bottom as well?

Everyone needs to take a chill pill

To me it's not just one game. I thought we played poorly against Ohio, great against GT, now terribly against Stanford. 2/3 games have been subpar.
We played great for 2ish quarters against GT, so 2.5 games have been subpar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom