It's Purdue Day folks | Syracusefan.com

It's Purdue Day folks

Against my better instincts I perused a Purdue FB board today. Everyone was pretty reasonable about the game, slanted in their favor. But that’s to be expected. They feel SU fans are overconfident and, I think the word “delusional” was used by a couple fans.

Most don’t feel we will be able to run on them, and their D will provide the first tight coverage on our WRs that we have seen this year.

There was almost no mention of the Dome noise, or the first road game jitters.

To be fair, a few fans were concerned that it would be close. But that Perdue would dig it out.

Against my better instincts I perused a Purdue FB board today. Everyone was pretty reasonable about the game, slanted in their favor. But that’s to be expected. They feel SU fans are overconfident and, I think the word “delusional” was used by a couple fans.

Most don’t feel we will be able to run on them, and their D will provide the first tight coverage on our WRs that we have seen this year.

There was almost no mention of the Dome noise, or the first road game jitters.

To be fair, a few fans were concerned that it would be close. But that Perdue would dig it out.
We are delusional. But in an overall entertaining way which is why I visit this site, dammit.

Have laid out all of the SU garb I brought from home plus the new stuff I bought on Thursday. Then my brain gets in on the action:

Brain: “ what’s all this?”
Me: “ you know…SU stuff.”
Brain: “you have known for a month what you were going to wear today. Why did you bring all these other things?”
Me: “well, you know….”
Brain: “did you get the shirt printed up that says “34 is the new 44?” “
Me: “um……”
Brain: “DID YOU?”
Me: “um, no I didn’t get around to it.”
Brain: “ didn’t get around to it? You’re retired. Every day is Saturday for you. What is wrong with you?”
Me: “aren’t you being a little hard on me?”
Brain: “ do you see what I have to go through with you?”
Me: “sigh…..”

I expect that the coverage thing will be true. We will absolutely be able to run though lol.

Anyone know if the Purdue “boiler maker special” train will be on campus? I know the worlds largest drum will not be

Currently somewhere over one of the states south of the mason dixon line en route to a layover in dallas. Got free 20’ of wifi to check in here. Unfortunately won’t be able to see the whole game, but will catch the first half from the airport. Go orange. Think tucker breaks a huge run today.

Had the pork butt on the smoker since 6, will be just about perfect once rested for game time. Might even have a cocktail or two while I wait. LGFMO!!
I was all set to go to the game, I was bringing some hot dog rolls for Texan Mark. Then I was informed by my companion that it was her high school reunion today and we were going. Fine, froze the rolls and prepared to watch the game on TV. Nope, reunion is a luncheon. Fine set the DVR. I'll be traveling for the first quarter or so, will follow on my phone. No matter what SU will not be denied. Go Cuse

Anyone know if the Purdue “boiler maker special” train will be on campus? I know the worlds largest drum will not be
FYI Purdue does not have the world’s largest drum. It is probably the largest drum in West Lafayette, IN though

I was all set to go to the game, I was bringing some hot dog rolls for Texan Mark. Then I was informed by my companion that it was her high school reunion today and we were going. Fine, froze the rolls and prepared to watch the game on TV. Nope, reunion is a luncheon. Fine set the DVR. I'll be traveling for the first quarter or so, will follow on my phone. No matter what SU will not be denied. Go Cuse

Well….. this is one of the sadder life stories I’ve heard in awhile :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom