It's time for the 9th Annual IGGY award, 2016-2017 edition | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

It's time for the 9th Annual IGGY award, 2016-2017 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) Regular Season: 23-8
2) ACC Regular Season: 12-6
3)ACCT: 2-1
4)NCAAT: 3-1
5) White 16.2 ppg
6) Roberson 9.7 rpg
7) Lydon 33 mpg
8) White 109 made threes

A poster pointed out that I had 4 losses in the ACC tourny.. Supposed to be a one, I was probably thinking about the four Jack and cokes I was going to have when I got home. For some reason I can't find the edit button. Can anyone help a guy out?

No you're good. The ACC really wants to make sure they keep the Barclays filled up so they made the tourney quadruple elimination just for us to be sure.

A poster pointed out that I had 4 losses in the ACC tourny.. Supposed to be a one, I was probably thinking about the four Jack and cokes I was going to have when I got home. For some reason I can't find the edit button. Can anyone help a guy out?
Done

Can't wait for this season on the men's and women's side! Good luck to all!

1) 27-4 Regular Season
2) 14-4 ACC
3) 4-0 ACC Tournament
4) 4-1 NCAA
5) Battle 15.7 PPG
6) Lydon 6.8 RPG
7) White 35 MPG
8) White 130

1) Regular Season: 24-7
2) ACC Regular Season: 12-6
3) ACCT: 2-1
4) NCAAT: 4-1
5) Battle 16.0 ppg
6) Roberson 9.3 rpg
7) Lydon 35.1 mpg
8) White 82 made threes

1) Regular season record. 25 - 6
2) ACC season record. 14 - 4
3) ACC Tournament record. 1 - 1
4) Post-season record (and notate if NCAA, NIT, CBI, etc.) NCAA 3 -1
5) Leading scorer and how many points per game White - 18.1ppg
6) Leading rebounder and how many rebounds per game Lydon - 8.2rpg
7) Player with most minutes per game and how many. Lydon - 34.5 mpg
8) TIEBREAKER-Leader in 3 pointers made and how many White 104

1) 27-4
2) 16-2
3) 2-1
4) 5-1 NCAA
5) 16 White
6) 8 Roberson
7) 32 White
8) 122 White

1. 23-8
2. 12-6
3. 2-1
4. 4-1
5. Battle 15.2 ppg
6. Lydon 7.7 rpg
7. Lydon 34.4 mpg
8. White 88

1) Regular season record. 25-6
2) ACC season record. 13-5
3) ACC Tournament record. 2-1
4) Post-season record (and notate if NCAA, NIT, CBI, etc.) NCAA 3-1
5) Leading scorer and how many points per game White - 16.4
6) Leading rebounder and how many rebounds per game Roberson - 8.8
7) Player with most minutes per game and how many. Lydon - 33.5
8) TIEBREAKER-Leader in 3 pointers made and how many White -91

1) Regular season record. 23-8
2) ACC season record. 11-7
3) ACC Tournament record. 2-1
4) Post-season record NCAA 3-1
5) Leading scorer Tyler Lydon 15.5
6) Leading rebounder Tyler Roberson 9.0
7) Player with most minutes per game Tyler Lydon 35
8) TIEBREAKER-Leader in 3 pointers made Andrew White 90

2) ACC Regular Season: 13-5
3) ACC Tourney: 2-1
4) NCAA Tourney: 4-1
5) A. White 16.7 ppg
6) T. Roberson 9.7 rpg
7) T. Lydon 35.2 mpg
8) T. Lydon made threes: 107

1) Regular Season: 25-6
4) NCAAT: 3-1
5) White 17.4 ppg
6) Roberson 9.1 rpg
7) Lydon 35.0 mpg
8) White 101 made threes

1) Regular Season: 23-8
2) ACC season record: 12-6
3) ACC Tournament record: 0-1
4) Post-season record: NCAA 2-1
5) Leading scorer and how many points: Lydon 15ppg
6) Leading rebounder and how many rebounds: Roberson 8.9
7) Player with most minutes per game and how many: Lydon 35.5
8) TIEBREAKER-Leader in 3 pointers made and how many: White 95

1) Regular Season: 26-5
4) NCAAT: 6-0 -- National Champions!
5) White 14.0 ppg
6) Roberson 7.6 rpg
7) Lydon 36 mpg
8) White 89 made threes

Last edited:
1) Regular Season: 28-3
2) ACC Regular Season: 16-2
3) ACCT: Champs 3-0
4) NCAAT: Champs 6-0
5) Lydon 15.4 ppg
6) Robie 7.7 rpg
7) Battle 32 mpg
8) White 125

Regular Season: 25-6
ACCRegular Season: 13-5
ACC Trnmt: 2-1
NCAA: 6-0
PPG: Battle 14.8
RPG: Lydon 8.2
MPG: Lydon 34.2
3pters: White 117

Regular Season - 22-9
ACC - 10-8
ACC Tourney 1-1
NCAA - 2-1
PPG - White 14
RPG - Roberson 8
MPG - Battle 33
3pt - White 91

3) ACCT: 3-0
4) NCAAT: 3-1
5) Lydon 16.8?ppg
6) Roberson 7.9 rpg
7) Lydon 36.3 mpg
8) White 106

1. Regular Season: 26-5
2. ACC: 14-4
3. ACCT: 2-1
4. NCAAT: 6-0
5. White 14.2 ppg
6. Roberson 7.2 rpg
7. Lydon 34.1 mpg
8. White 117

1 Reg Season 24-7
2 ACC 12-6
3 ACCt 2-1
4 NCAAt 2-1
5 White 15
6 Roberson 7
7 Lydon 35
8 White 101

Good Evening Ladies and Germs:

It's time for the 9th Annual IGGY award, 2016-2017 edition. Lots of great things to look forward to this year to piggy back on last season's success, but with almost a brand new cast of characters. Like most of you, I have a feeling this season could be the ONE. Or, technically, the second ONE. I feel so confident, that I've already made arrangements for the Valley of the Sun for the first weekend of April. This years IGGY should be very interesting, so much so that the judges have decided that when referring to the IGGY, it will only be in capital letters from now on.

The categories are a little different this season as we are not dealing with the JAB suspension (How did that work out, Mr. NCAA?). But most are the same. The deadline this season is 4 pm of the first regular season game, which is vs Colgate on Friday, November 11th. Congrats to last years winners (as posted below) and good luck to everyone this year. Here we go:

1) Regular season record. There are 31 regular season games.
2) ACC season record. There are 18 ACC games.
3) ACC Tournament record. The most we could play is five games unless we are one of the top four seed four games. See this attached link for further questions about how the tourney is set up.http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools...pdf/2013-14/misc_non_event/acc-tourney-14.pdfThanks to TDTOrange for that info.
4) Post-season record (and notate if NCAA, NIT, CBI, etc.)
5) Leading scorer and how many points per game
6) Leading rebounder and how many rebounds per game
7) Player with most minutes per game and how many.
8) TIEBREAKER-Leader in 3 pointers made and how many

Fellow Cuse fans:
Here are the results of the 8th annual Iggy Awards. These are hot off the presses as our team ended the season on Sunday of the Final Four weekend for the second time in four years. Congratulations to the program for a great NCAA tournament and to the seniors who represented the university in a very positive manner.
Thank you to all of the contestants who took the time out of their busy internet schedules to put their picks out for the world to see. We only had 64 entries this year, so we know who are the risk takers and who really wants to add the Iggy trophy to their showcase. Here is a list of the top ten iconic sports trophies in the world and my dream is for the Iggy to keep working it's way to the top. I feel very strong by next season that we will overtake the Borg-Warner (really, what does Bjorn have to do with motor car racing).
10) The Iggy
9) Borg-Warner (Indy 500)
8) Claret Jug
7) Yellow jersey
6) Lombardi
5) Wimbledon
4) Green Jacket
3) Heisman
2) Stanley Cup
1) Olympic Gold Metal
As an FYI, the committee was up all night tabulating the results so if you have any questions regarding the results, please feel free to ask. However if you want to file a formal complaint, that is not free.
As a reminder here are the categories. Since the dates of JAB's suspension was changed from the original dates, the committee thought long and hard as to what to do. The committee told me that they felt that most people had no idea what to guess anyways, so that the original selections were to stand. Again the decision of the judges is final.
1) Regular season record. There are 31 regular season games.
2) ACC season record. There are 18 ACC games.
3) ACC Tournament record. The most we could play is five games unless we are one of the top four seed four games. See this attached link for further questions about how the tourney is set up.http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools...pdf/2013-14/misc_non_event/acc-tourney-14.pdfThanks to TDTOrange for that info.
4) Post-season record (and notate if NCAA, NIT, CBI, etc.)
5) Leading scorer and how many points per game
6) Leading rebounder and how many rebounds per game
7) Player with most minutes per game and how many.
8) TIEBREAKER-How many wins will Hop get as a Head Coach this season. (We know JAB is suspended for the first nine games of the ACC season. It's possible that might get revised and if it does, we might need to go to category #7 as the tiebreaker. However, the decision of the judges is final.)s. In that case, the most we could play is three games. And if we are seeds 5-8, the most we could play is

1) Regular Season record (19-12). We only had three people pick 19-12 (Bomber Orange, two3zone and Guy Fawkes). We had a bunch of 18's and a bunch of 20's. Not a lot of people were overly optimistic and they were correct. This category actually took four tie breakers to decide the winner and we are very proud to award the first Iggy of the evening to Guy Fawkes.
2) Regular Season ACC record (9-9). In this category we had a bunch of people select the correct answer but four chose the correct tie breaker answer. (Shermstheman, Sutomcat, Houston Cuse and Cuse CPT). This category then went to a couple more tie breakers before making the final decision. In what I believe might be his first Iggy of his career, the committee is proud to award the second Iggy of the evening to sutomcat.
3) ACC tournament record (0-1). We actually had two people choose the correct answer. We had two long time posters who battled this out through three tie breakers (pfister1 and OttoinGrotto) before the committee could make a final decision. The committee is pleased to award the third Iggy of the evening to OttoinGrotto.
4) Post season tournament record (4-1). A few people chose the NIT as the route that the 2015-16 were going to take. Close but no cigar. I think their names were Gottleib and Greenberg. As someone who was raised Jewish, I will speak up for all Jewish-American sports fans and tell you that Doug and Greenie are not good representatives of the tribe. Believe it or not, there was some serious religious baiting on twitter. Ouch. Ok, enough of them, let's get back to our show. We had two people pick 4-1 (Sherrillcuse and 81 South). I saya great job to those two for really believing in the team that they could make a run in the tourney. If I had an extra Iggy to give out I would, but unfortunately I didn't win my bracket this year so we have to stick to the original plan. This one went to three tie breakers and the committee is pleased to award the fourth Iggy of the evening to Sherrillcuse.
5) Leading scorer (G 17.5 ppg). A lot of people chose G and a lot of people chose Cooney. Someone picked Mali and hopefully we will get an opportunity to see that next season. So even though a lot of people thought G was going to be the leading scorer, only one person thought he would average 17.5 ppg. That would be 81 South. Now, I don't have all the records of the years, but I believe 81 South has won some Iggies in prior seasons as well. Congratulations on this years.
6) Leading rebounder (Tyler Roberson 8.5). This was not really a surprise. We had a couple other picks but overwhelmingly, most people chose TR. Only two picked 8.5 rbg however. Cliftonparksufan was one and Madbiker was the other. This one went to six tiebreakers and the committee is very happy to award this one to Cliftonparksufan (Thank you, thank you. You like me, you really, really like me).
7) Most minutes played. Again, we had a lot choose G and a lot choose Cooney. Silent G was our iron man this year. He averaged 37.9 points a game and he had a fabulous season. Very underrated and ended up with one of the best seasons in Cuse history. Congrats to G and best of luck in your career. No one picked 37.9 so we had to go with the closest and for the last Iggy of the evening, we are proud to award it to MSOrange who picked 37.7 minutes per game.
Congrats to all the winners. The trophies will be going out in the mail this week. If, for whatever reason, you do not receive it please contact the US Post Office as they will be the ones responsible. Thanks for all the people who entered. Congrats again to the winners and see you all next season.

Welcome to the 8th Annual Iggy awards. Yeah, I know, it's hard to believe it's been that long. Congrats again to last year's winners but as we know, as hard as it is to win an Iggy, it's twice as hard to repeat. Just as last season ended on a down note, we are entering this season with a ton a questions and hopefully a lot of optimism about this years squad. And, if we look at the team during the Iggy era, there is usually one player that comes out of nowhere and surprises even the most prolific of Syracusefan.com posters. Who will be this year's MCW or last year's Rakeem Christmas? And as a reward for our patience, we will find out shortly.
Here is the awesome trophy that goes to all the winners, courtesy of Lawrinson Fine Metals, Inc. Thank you again for their continued sponsorship.

iggy-award-jpg.5537

1. 24-7
2. 13-5
3. 3-1
4. 6-0 NCAA
5. Battle 17.2 ppg
6. Roberson 8.9 reb
7. Lydon 31.3 min
8. Battle 94

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics