Its time to -Think outside the box--embrace the new college basketball world! | Syracusefan.com

Its time to -Think outside the box--embrace the new college basketball world!

SigChiChef

Walk On
If Im wildhack, my first call goes to Melo. Wouldn't it be awesome to coach your son!! Wouldn't it be UNREAL to call your boy Lebron so the 2 of you coach your boys together at the Cuse! You know the only college that could realistically sell 50k plus tix to a game! It could be a never seen before spectacle! Win a natty in college coaching your sons and then go for nba champ playing together! I mean money is not an issue for them, its legacy and power-offer it. Every recruit banging our door down. Times have changed-innovate or die! Prime time sanders started it now roll cuse! I know its crazy out of this world...tell me its a bad idea...other than kiyan needing to reclassify

If Im wildhack, my first call goes to Melo. Wouldn't it be awesome to coach your son!! Wouldn't it be UNREAL to call your boy Lebron so the 2 of you coach your boys together at the Cuse! You know the only college that could realistically sell 50k plus tix to a game! It could be a never seen before spectacle! Win a natty in college coaching your sons and then go for nba champ playing together! I mean money is not an issue for them, its legacy and power-offer it. Every recruit banging our door down. Times have changed-innovate or die! Prime time sanders started it now roll cuse! I know its crazy out of this world...tell me its a bad idea...other than kiyan needing to reclassify
He can’t coach without a degree.

He can’t coach without a degree.
Is that a university rule or an NCAA rule? Or an ACC rule? Who’s making the rules around here?

Shannon Sharpe Wow GIF by MOODMAN

I appreciate the spirit in which you offer this thought, BUT

Remind me again who votes for the NCAA rules.. players, nope; fans, no not them either; Congress, no. who could it be that makes those NCAA rules... oh yeah, college presidents and ADs... hmmm...

Melo being around the program and supporting student athletes in a booster capacity given how successful he has been with business ventures and simply the brand recognition be brings is a far more valuable asset than a suit and a clipboard.

I'm not sure it is an NCAA rule as opposed to an individual university rule. But EVERY SINGLE university has that rule. Like it or not, coaching is considering a teaching position and a college won't hire someone for that job without a degree.

Do we know Melo would do well at any of those positions? It’s weird that nowadays, thinking outside of the box is making hires based on some proven success. The idea that b/c Sanders has done well so far coaching CFB, every other professional athlete would have similar success is a flawed theory.

I'm not sure it is an NCAA rule as opposed to an individual university rule. But EVERY SINGLE university has that rule. Like it or not, coaching is considering a teaching position and a college won't hire someone for that job without a degree.

I think that’s it. Doesn’t have anything to do with the NCAA.

O great, a coach who would be coaching his son! What could possibly go wrong?!?!

Do we know Melo would do well at any of those positions? It’s weird that nowadays, thinking outside of the box is making hires based on some proven success. The idea that b/c Sanders has done well so far coaching CFB, every other professional athlete would have similar success is a flawed theory.
Probably not, he would have to hire the actual coach. There can be 4 coaches correct? I dont think every professional athlete could pull it off, i mean seriously? Please explain this sentence within your argument..."its weird that nowadays thinking outside the box is making hires based on some proven success" so you totally agree or not? I was hired and promoted based on proven success and i thought that was kinda how it worked. Second thought ..it is weird that my statement isn't totally obvious to everyone. Thanks

Last edited:
Not sure an NBA hall of famer would do that job. He really doesn’t have to do anything the rest of his life but continue working on his brand and clothing line. If he wanted to coach im sure an nba team would hire him.
Ok. Kinda missed the point, however i don't disagree. Maybe...maybe being involved with coaching your boys in front of massive 50k plus crowds in college...AT SU. Would be a legacy never left before.!!!.think. maybe just puff the weed work the brand and clothing line. Or actually work the brand at su like never before! Why not "change the world" like cody lee.