I've never seen anything like that flurry of penalties at the end of the game | Syracusefan.com

I've never seen anything like that flurry of penalties at the end of the game

... talk about a lack of discipline on Purdue's part. My god, they had bad plays from the moment 87 got flagged for taunting, all the way down till the very last moment.

It probably cost them the game.
No disrespect to you, but I don’t think there is any “probably” about it. Just…bizarre. But it got us to 3-0 so I won’t complain!

... talk about a lack of discipline on Purdue's part. My god, they had bad plays from the moment 87 got flagged for taunting, all the way down till the very last moment.

Lucas Till Riley GIF by CBS

(I keed, I keed), RF!

And likewise...never seen ANYTHING like that either! :cool:

When you rewatch the game, as all of us will I'm sure- players and coaches were mouthing off to the officials and on the field literally all game. About 6 taunting calls could have been called that weren't. To me it felt like officials finally said enough is enough and when finally called instead of calming down the Purdue players and staff just absolutely lost it. I honestly felt like Dino and company had a legit complaint had we lost for all that was happening after the play from the Purdue players.

No disrespect to you, but I don’t think there is any “probably” about it. Just…bizarre. But it got us to 3-0 so I won’t complain!

None taken. But I don't think it's a certainty that things would have worked out one way or another. We have no idea how things might have unfolded differently -- maybe we might have scored on a broken play, kind of like they did when Garrett Williams fell down. But they sure as hell kept our chances alive until we capitalized

When you rewatch the game, as all of us will I'm sure- players and coaches were mouthing off to the officials and on the field literally all game. About 6 taunting calls could have been called that weren't. To me it felt like officials finally said enough is enough and when finally called instead of calming down the Purdue players and staff just absolutely lost it. I honestly felt like Dino and company had a legit complaint had we lost for all that was happening after the play from the Purdue players.

There was one after an incomplete where the purdue defender was basically dancing on our sideline in our players face. It’s a no brainer taunting.

They played with no composure whatsoever. They can blame the refs all they want. If you walk back to the sideline after the xp, they prob win. OH WELL. Put an asterisk next to the game if you want to feel better, Purdue fan. Will still say a W 50 years from now.

There was one after an incomplete where the purdue defender was basically dancing on our sideline in our players face. It’s a no brainer taunting.

They played with no composure whatsoever. They can blame the refs all they want. If you walk back to the sideline after the xp, they prob win. OH WELL. Put an asterisk next to the game if you want to feel better, Purdue fan. Will still say a W 50 years from now.

Yep. There were about 5 others on the field and freaking next to a ref including from 87 I rewound to see.

Might I add that your NFL quality arm QB in his (6th) year? Might want to not try and force a bad throw with his back against the goal line. That tends to not go well either

How did we end up kicking off from their 30 or whatever it was. It was so loud and nuts at that point I could figure it out. We there multiple flags at that point?

How did we end up kicking off from their 30 or whatever it was. It was so loud and nuts at that point I could figure it out. We there multiple flags at that point?
Yes at least 3 … it was like that scene in Necessary Roughness :)

I just don’t understand what would possess a player to get such a stupid penalty after scoring a go ahead touchdown with under a minute left. And then the coach to double down on the stupidity. We were done, they gave us life. And for Purdue fans to think that the Big Ten officials wanted us to win? They are as dumb as #87.

Two separate unsportsmanlike penalties. One with an ejection.
They got an extra 5 yards somehow too … two 15 yarders would have put the ball at the 35

Who can confirm that toe-heel thing...that is how that works? They've codified that?

Glad I don't really care!
Has to do with completion of the catch was the explanation … just glad Garrett Shrader has some serious stones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom