Ivy canceling spring sports | Syracusefan.com

Ivy canceling spring sports

Syracuse @ Siena or @ Hartford on April 7? I suppose those two schools are more likely to play each other though.*

*Assuming anyone is still playing at that point.

There is no way this ends with just the Ivy League. Yesterday a couple d 3 schools cancel their seasons and some teams ban spectators. Today the whole Ivy League cancels. Where will be in a week? We will be done with lax that’s almost guaranteed.

The lacrosse season has become meaningless — if there still is a season.

There are about a million steps this country needs to desperately take to combat Coronavirus. Canceling college lacrosse seasons completely without first banning spectators is at about 1,000,007 on that list.

I dont have college-aged children, but even elementary and secondary schools in impacted areas are strongly considering whether distance learning can be effectively implemented. Maybe it's more a function of these schools truly shutting down, and continuing with athletics is just an impossibilty once that occurs?

I really hope other conferences let cooler heads prevail, canceling entire seasons is insane. Go without fans or move the season back but its absurd to just cancel an entire season like this at the D1 level.

I really hope other conferences let cooler heads prevail, canceling entire seasons is insane. Go without fans or move the season back but its absurd to just cancel an entire season like this at the D1 level.
I respect the intelligence of the Ivy League presidents, however, unless they know a load more than has been announced, it appears they jumped the gun.

Not sure, but I think the Ivy is also shutting down any winter sports teams still competing, including basketball and hockey.

I dont have college-aged children, but even elementary and secondary schools in impacted areas are strongly considering whether distance learning can be effectively implemented. Maybe it's more a function of these schools truly shutting down, and continuing with athletics is just an impossibilty once that occurs?

For regular schools, I think it's prudent to shut them down for maybe even for a month as a firebreak to spread, distance learn as much as possible, and extend the school year

For regular schools, I think it's prudent to shut them down for maybe even for a month as a firebreak to spread, distance learn as much as possible, and extend the school year

Seems logical until you consider summer jobs, commitments, etc.

This is an absolute mess.

Seems logical until you consider summer jobs, commitments, etc.

This is an absolute mess.

There are obviously going to be ripple effects but it's obvious to me based on my personal experience and observation that schools are germ factories and an effective way of mitigating against spread are closing schools and maximizing telecommuting.

Deal with the downstream impacts downstream.

There are obviously going to be ripple effects but it's obvious to me based on my personal experience and observation that schools are germ factories and an effective way of mitigating against spread are closing schools and maximizing telecommuting.

Deal with the downstream impacts downstream.

I dont necessarily disagree, but in NY, in public schools, there are lots of considerations that make this very difficult to pull off, and if it does happen, it will be highly disruptive.

I respect the intelligence of the Ivy League presidents, however, unless they know a load more than has been announced, it appears they jumped the gun.

NESCAC was the first to cancel spring sports, and they did so yesterday. These two conferences are generally thought to value the "Student athlete" more than any other.

NESCAC was the first to cancel spring sports, and they did so yesterday. These two conferences are generally thought to value the "Student athlete" more than any other.

Patriot League hasn’t. They’re sub-ivy

You feeling good about a national championship this year if the tournament is played without Cornell, Princeton, Yale or Penn?

I wouldn’t

I like our chances :) Not feeling good about this at all but I am not woke like the Ivy League presidents

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom