Class of 2019 - Jack Wood (MA) Attack | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 Jack Wood (MA) Attack

JeremyCuse

Living Legend
Interesting post over on the Syracuse thread at Fan Lax:

Hearing rumors that another 2019 attack has recently committed, he is listed as a 4 star by inside lacrosse. He is a flip from an IVY, rumored that he was deferred admission in the Early Decision pool. He is still listed as a commit to that school on inside lacrosse, but he did post a story on his Instagram of him from a photo shoot at Syracuse similar to Russ Maher's tweet before he committed to UVA. This kid was rocking the 22. Not sure if that means anything or if they just gave him a number that wasn’t in circulation at the time. I think he would be the top 2019 attack commit.

Syracuse 2019 - Page 4 - LaxPower Back-Up Stick

Anyone hearing anything or have a guess who he maybe talking about?

tenor.gif

Seems like if the potential player posted something on social media, it wouldn't be that hard to find - just need to sift through four star ivy league players on instagram. But that sounds kinda creepy! Better off just to wait for something official ...

With that said, according to the IL database, here is the list of 4 star attack recruits committed to Ivy League colleges. I'll stop my speculation here -

Robert Schain - Penn
Skyler Wilson - Yale
Griffin Wilson - Yale
Devon McLane - Brown
Christian Ronda - Princeton
MacGregor Peterson - Penn

Last edited:
Seems like if the potential player posted something on social media, it wouldn't be that hard to find - just need to sift through four star ivy league players on instagram. But that sounds kinda creepy! Better off just to wait for something official ...

With that said, according to the IL database, here is the list of 4 star attack recruits committed to Ivy League colleges. I'll stop my speculation here -

Robert Schain - Penn
Skyler Wilson - Yale
Griffin Wilson - Yale
Devon McLane - Brown
Christian Ronda - Princeton
MacGregor Peterson - Penn

Did a quick search of the names listed but didn't see anything and 1 or 2 accounts were private so who knows.

Jeremy, I really really should not add to this speculation off some site since may be untrue but since you seem to know the local area well , you might add to that list, a 19" RR 4 star mid who played for Skanteeatles/Orange crush n wore #22 in hs and is committed to Yale

Jeremy, I really really should not add to this speculation off some site since may be untrue but since you seem to know the local area well , you might add to that list, a 19" RR 4 star mid who played for Skanteeatles/Orange crush n wore #22 in hs and is committed to Yale

Sent you a PM.

I think we all know who that is. Dual sport guy. WOuld be a huge coup for the staff.

Or maybe the initial poster just got confused? Maybe someone saw an old post of Graham's referencing Syracuse and thought it was new? The original poster made a follow up post and listed Blake as the potential flip (along with a host of others).

Can't say a lot of the kids mentioned fit a typical Syracuse profile (most of them attend prep schools that usually don't filter to SU). Could be very wrong! It's fun to speculate but a large part of me thinks this is a misunderstanding. Hope I'm wrong!

Or maybe the initial poster just got confused? Maybe someone saw an old post of Graham's referencing Syracuse and thought it was new? The original poster made a follow up post and listed Blake as the potential flip (along with a host of others).

Can't say a lot of the kids mentioned fit a typical Syracuse profile (most of them attend prep schools that usually don't filter to SU). Could be very wrong! It's fun to speculate but a large part of me thinks this is a misunderstanding. Hope I'm wrong!

That certainly is possible, does seem odd that he wouldn't recognize the date of the instagram post. IT would make things a lot easier if he would just give the name assuming the account is private so we could confirm or move on. I have to think he may be following whoever it is as I didn't see anything publicly out there on any of the people he listed.

Looks like it may have a chance at being legit! Or at least it's not a confused poster. The guy just sent a link to some random page with a guy named Jack Wood who is listed as a brown commit wearing a photoshopped Cuse 22 Jersey. Was posted on whatever the site is 5 days ago so it looks like a recent thing. Far from definite but very promising! Not sure how highly regarded he is as a recruit but it could still be a nice addition

Looks like it may have a chance at being legit! Or at least it's not a confused poster. The guy just sent a link to some random page with a guy named Jack Wood who is listed as a brown commit wearing a photoshopped Cuse 22 Jersey. Was posted on whatever the site is 5 days ago so it looks like a recent thing. Far from definite but very promising! Not sure how highly regarded he is as a recruit but it could still be a nice addition

I can't find an Instagram for Jack Wood (the lax player) but that picture does seem pretty legit and has other players from his school on it.

He plays on the same club team as Swensen (3d New England). Interesting.

Would ask Meuller's team to investgate this but kid be on campus before any findings

He plays on the same club team as Swensen (3d New England). Interesting.

They are both from Duxbury, Mass. I believe they played together as freshmen at Duxbury High School before Swenson transfered to New Hampton. Wood started that year and his sophomore on attack before transferring to Govs where he played his junior year and is currently a senior

Smooth dodger, great feeder, great shooter. Looks like he wants to make the easy play.

I think I liked his selflessness the most. He can obviously create for himself, but he didn’t force anything for himself when he drew a slide. He simply stepped away and found the open guy, no matter where the open guy was.