Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Poll choice...

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DannyDinNYC

Walk On
Long time lurker...big SU supporter. Don't be mad at Noel. Enormous late pu$h by Kentucky. Can't blame a kid who is one and done for taking the best option for him and his family. Having worked in Lexington for 10 yrs I've been to my fair share of UK events. I actually very much respected the program before Coach Cal came along. Living down there I got to know many a "supporter" of the program. For fear of my post being deleted I won't go into detail but let's me say that this will never get back to Coach Cal...the good ole' boy network down there runs so deep that all you have to do as a head coach is turn your head the other way and things get done. Probably happens at many schools but it does make me sick..especially after being on the phone with 3 of these supporters in the past hour confirming Jake's comments. Cuse will be fine in 13...Go Rakeem!

Interesting first post...so had to give you a like...

I think a lot of programs have those "supporters" that "help out" with recruiting.

Stuff like this has to make you also wonder what Ohio States boosters were up to in Boston. College sports are more corrupt than professional sports, and it's not even close...

Stuff like this has to make you also wonder what Ohio States boosters were up to in Boston. College sports are more corrupt than professional sports, and it's not even close...

BTW..just had to say one more thing about Jake being correct. My U.K.. friends tell me he was a heavy G-town lean before the pu$h. Cuse finished third.

Long time lurker...big SU supporter. Don't be mad at Noel. Enormous late pu$h by Kentucky. Can't blame a kid who is one and done for taking the best option for him and his family. Having worked in Lexington for 10 yrs I've been to my fair share of UK events. I actually very much respected the program before Coach Cal came along. Living down there I got to know many a "supporter" of the program. For fear of my post being deleted I won't go into detail but let's me say that this will never get back to Coach Cal...the good ole' boy network down there runs so deep that all you have to do as a head coach is turn your head the other way and things get done. Probably happens at many schools but it does make me sick..especially after being on the phone with 3 of these supporters in the past hour confirming Jake's comments. Cuse will be fine in 13...Go Rakeem!

I think you should go into detail. No way it will get deleted

BTW..just had to say one more thing about Jake being correct. My U.K.. friends tell me he was a heavy G-town lean before the pu$h. Cuse finished third.

Of course it's a dirty business and that's why it is so difficult to predict the outcome.

Why can't a Yahoo! Sports or other investigative unit break into this ole' boys network? If it's so pervasive, there are probably bound to be disgruntled participants willing to speak.

Been going on forever. I'm sure many books could be written about football recruiting with the old Big Eight and SWC (So We Cheat). And I'm sure it's highly creative these days in terms of not just cold cash being offered but jobs to family members, you name it. It is what it is.

There were reports by some of the internet recruiting analysts last weekend that Cal and WWW and a money guy from Nike (forget his name) met with NN last Friday in Portland and that is where the deal/commitment went down. Makes sense in hindsight.

I am curious if all these posts about "late push" are anything other than pure speculation, just the same as all the "insider" talk on here. I try my best to be objective(even though as a die hard fan it's difficult), and I generally like some actual evidence rather than just agreeing with whatever I read because it feels good at the moment. Am I alone in my thinking here? Yes, I feel let down, but even if the speculation is correct with nothing to back it up, it doesn't help me any in the next disagreement I have with a Kentucky fan.

I am curious if all these posts about "late push" are anything other than pure speculation, just the same as all the "insider" talk on here. I try my best to be objective(even though as a die hard fan it's difficult), and I generally like some actual evidence rather than just agreeing with whatever I read because it feels good at the moment. Am I alone in my thinking here? Yes, I feel let down, but even if the speculation is correct with nothing to back it up, it doesn't help me any in the next disagreement I have with a Kentucky fan.

We'll probably never know and if we do find out you can be sure Cal will have caught a Lear jet out of town before the dust settles. That said, the reality is that UK and Gtown would be saying the same things about SU if we landed Noel.

you got to keep in mind things change from day to day and no ones source is 100% because of this. money is brought into the equation and kids change their minds.

How much does a kid like that cost? Seriously?

I'm curious too. Ballpark figure anyone in the know or with the credibility to offer an educated guess?

you got to keep in mind things change from day to day and no ones source is 100% because of this. money is brought into the equation and kids change their minds.

I hear you brother. But am I to believe Kentucky decided until after NN had already decided(which he claimed he hadn't) to offer him money?

I hear you brother. But am I to believe Kentucky decided until after NN had already decided(which he claimed he hadn't) to offer him money?
no because i heard about both georgetown and uk offering him money about a week ago.

no because i heard about both georgetown and uk offering him money about a week ago.

We get it already. Leave the source stuff to Jake and Francis. Your foray into predictions: FAIL.

We get it already. Leave the source stuff to Jake and Francis. Your foray into predictions: FAIL.
Weak try there studly lol, you mean francis the guy who had heard the same thing i did and jake who was all over the board tonight. So much stuff went down the past few days and your just ignorant to make a statement when you had no clue about the situation.

Well, remember the kid who announced for Washington a couple years ago at that press conference at his high school. And then he got a call on his cell, and he went back into the gym and said, "uh, no, on second thought I'm going to Kentucky." Who was that, Terrance Jones, who Cesar, whatever the name of the Washington coach is, was expecting to sign ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom