Jake (others feel free): | Syracusefan.com

Jake (others feel free):

Capt. Tuttle

Living Legend
was the JB extension for a year after next season or is he contract done at the end of this year ( I assume end of May or June).
That would make a big difference or only for the next coach, but also recruiting.
Also, if his contract is up now, and assuming to be true rumors that JB prefers GMac, what are chances JB helps AA get an offer elsewhere, freeing up GMac for the spot?

My question to your question is would the university use the extrension as a reason to move on/not move on at this point? I would think the university potentially pays Jim if he retires either way or convert it into some emeritus title where he is still paid/gets an office/assistant going forward.

JAB deserves whatever golden (orange) parachute the university can provide for him for his time on the hill.

Last edited:
If Jim is indeed done after this year(and I believe he is) they need to announce it as soon as possible after the last game to get a head start on recruiting and hiring whatever assistants we need. We cannot wait until May or June when players and coaches have already started moving.

If Jim is indeed done after this year(and I believe he is) they need to announce it as soon as possible after the last game to get a head start on recruiting and hiring whatever assistants we need. We cannot wait until May or June when players and coaches have already started moving.

The Roy Williams plan...

announcement right after the Final Four in early April.

Sooner the better because isn’t there a foreign trip this summer?

was the JB extension for a year after next season or is he contract done at the end of this year ( I assume end of May or June).
That would make a big difference or only for the next coach, but also recruiting.
Also, if his contract is up now, and assuming to be true rumors that JB prefers GMac, what are chances JB helps AA get an offer elsewhere, freeing up GMac for the spot?
My understanding is that this is the last year. The “who’s next” is fuzzier…

Sooner the better because isn’t there a foreign trip this summer?

It's been 4 years since the Italy trip, but I don't believe a 2023 Summer trip has been announced.

You can only go once every four years, but you're not obligated to go EVERY four years.

It's been 4 years since the Italy trip, but I don't believe a 2023 Summer trip has been announced.

You can only go once every four years, but you're not obligated to go EVERY four years.
I think JB made a comment indicating they were trying to schedule one for this summer, but I can't find the info right off hand.

I believe it’ll be much sooner than that.
Gotta be in house then? They aren't going to have time to conduct any sort of external search in 2 weeks unless they have already been talking to candidates. And there is no way they have been talking to candidates without announcing JB is gone unless they have known for a while that this year was it. But it seems like the decision that this year was it was made the last few weeks?

Someday the tell-all book around all this will be amazing reading.

Well, you can't very well fire a guy who is coaching in the final four.:p
Accept Season 4 GIF by Billions

If the announcement that JB is done is quic,k and the replacement is named quickly, and it's not in house...this has been in the works for how long?

My question to your question is would the university use the extrension as a reason to move on/not move on at this point? I would think the university potentially pays Jim if he retires either way or convert it into some emeritus title where he is still paid/gets an office/assistant going forward.

JAB deserves whatever golden (orange) parachute the university can provide for him for his time on the hill.
He deserves nothing more than what his contract states. University owes him nothing more IMO.

Gotta be in house then? They aren't going to have time to conduct any sort of external search in 2 weeks unless they have already been talking to candidates. And there is no way they have been talking to candidates without announcing JB is gone unless they have known for a while that this year was it. But it seems like the decision that this year was it was made the last few weeks?

Someday the tell-all book around all this will be amazing reading.
In house

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom