Jake Pickard update...

sutomcat

Former Iggy Winner. I used to be somebody special
Staff member
This kid can’t seem to catch a break. Highly recruited out of high school and has rarely seen the field due to injuries. I remember it was between Syracuse and Michigan and Jake chose Cuse. I hope he gets an extra year to show what he can really do.
Agree with all this. Best wishes to Jake for a full recovery and some playing time soon. It must be unbelievably frustrating to work so hard each off season and get no reward on game days.

Yea and he was also committed to wisconsin prior to syracuse. Wisconsin was the primary competition, not michigan.
If I recall, Harbaugh tried to pull his last minute sleepover to get him. There was a huge blizzard and a majority of our staff managed to drive to his NJ home for our own sleepover while Jimmy was stuck on the runway (maybe not literally on the runway, but there was a belief that the storm worked to our advantage. That said, it is correct that Wisconsin was the major threat. He was a TE prospect, but both us and UW recruited him as a DE. Wisky was pushing the JJ Watt model.

Top Bottom