Jalen Carey - Any Word? | Syracusefan.com

Jalen Carey - Any Word?

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
Has there been any word on his return for his junior year?

He does not look like a kid who wants to transfer, regularly celebrates his teammates play and shows passion on the bench.

My crystal meth ball says he stays and has a beautiful redemption arc at the 2guard position off the ball

He's wearing a pretty pink cast on his hand.

If that helps.
I know he’s out from the surgery but fanbase speculation is he may transfer.

I know fanbase speculation should be taken with a grain of salt sizable enough to have taken down the Titantic

I have no idea about Carey's future plans one way or the other, but I haven't posted "he gone" in a little while, so...

He gone.

He has great body language on the bench today that’s for sure. My first thought when the thumb was announced was he is gone. Who knows though

Yeah, his facial expressions were very revealing.

Anyone know how his surgery went and how his recovery is coming along?

He says he’s staying and so does the podcast I listen to.
Really? Where'd you get that?
I hope that's both accurate and lasts. An opinion held now is not binding.

noway hes back. The fact jb said he could play is all i need to know. Poorly managed by jb.

He says he’s staying and so does the podcast I listen to.

Your podcast says one thing. I've heard another. We'll leave it at that.

I’m assuming he’ll (medical) redshirt this year and come back stronger next year. We need him. He has great potential. Hopefully he’s paying attention during the game and using his time on the bench to develop his knowledge, which will make him better when he comes back healthy.

Based on what?

-a guy loses his starting role and is notified in the press of said demotion in a completely unnecessary statement by the head coach
-the player doesnt play next game and the coach announces said player is having surgery on something that doesnt affect how he plays
-said player is not going to start over girard or boeheim for the rest of his eligibility.
-if you were advising said player, you would tell him to stay? Gtfoh.

pretty straight forward if you ask me...

-a guy loses his starting role and is notified in the press of said demotion in a completely unnecessary statement by the head coach
-the player doesnt play next game and the coach announces said player is having surgery on something that doesnt affect how he plays
-said player is not going to start over girard or boeheim for the rest of his eligibility.
-if you were advising said player, you would tell him to stay? Gtfoh.

pretty straight forward if you ask me...
He lost his job because he wasn't playing well. Why would he sit out a year and waste as year? Could get lots of pt next year.

He lost his job because he wasn't playing well. Why would he sit out a year and waste as year? Could get lots of pt next year.

Hell get a lot of pt next year at another school. hes gonna take a medical redshirt and be playing somewhere next year.

Last edited:
Hell get a lot of pt next year at another school. hes gonna take a medical redshirt and be playing somewhere next year.
I don’t believe sitting out a year at Syracuse under a medical redshirt qualifies him for immediate eligibility at the start of next season should he decide to transfer at the end of the school year.

I think the earliest he would be able to play at another school should he decide to transfer would be Spring semester of 2021, if he decides to transfer from SU at the end of this semester.

I don’t believe sitting out a year at Syracuse under a medical redshirt qualifies him for immediate eligibility at the start of next season should he decide to transfer at the end of the school year.

I think the earliest he would be able to play at another school should he decide to transfer would be Spring semester of 2021, if he decides to transfer from SU at the end of this semester.

maybe technically... id expect him to be gone by next semester. Ill put a friendly wager on him not being on the team next year if you want.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom