Jalen Carey | Syracusefan.com

Jalen Carey

NineOneSeven

2018-19 Iggy Hoops Leader Scorer
Which syracuse guard do people think Carey most resembles in terms of overall ability/style/skill?

I know these comparisons sometimes go overboard, but just curious.

To expand on this- I think it's huge if he can be similar to an Ennis type (smart, composed), but a bit more up and down.

It looks his approach to the game is similar to Dions. I always thought Dion got a bit of a bad rap as being selfish. He wanted to win and really enjoyed making winning passes as well as shots.

He just thought he was the better scoring option most of the time. It looks like Carey has a similar mindset.

Hope we and he have a kick butt season and contend for N C while Bazley watches from some crappy hotel room. He will be getting zero national press while we do. He will be at the mercy of the G league scouts watching grown men dominate him. He gave up dollars for pennies. Very naive

He seems like a taller version of the UConn-style guards like Kemba & Shabazz.
Can score from all 3 levels, quick, more a lead guard than a PG.

And honestly, who wouldn't take that in a heartbeat?!

He seems like a taller version of the UConn-style guards like Kemba & Shabazz.
Can score from all 3 levels, quick, more a lead guard than a PG.

And honestly, who wouldn't take that in a heartbeat?!

Yup...but will he stay 3-4 years like those guys

Yeah honestly wouldn't be surprised if Carey is a one-and-done depending on how he plays.

It's difficult to consistently run a one-man break.
I’ll bet you that he and Marek will mesh like hand in glove. Both have high B.B. I q and are deceptively savvy Jalens gonna find Marek a lot as Marek always seems to get to the right spots as he sees play developing

I see a Samuel Jackson from Pulp Fiction type of player until his near death experience and then turning into a Sean Connery James Bond type player...cool, calm and always getting the job done with a splash of panache while taking advantage of his many tools.

It looks his approach to the game is similar to Dions. I always thought Dion got a bit of a bad rap as being selfish. He wanted to win and really enjoyed making winning passes as well as shots.

He just thought he was the better scoring option most of the time. It looks like Carey has a similar mindset.
I hope you’re right, because Dion was amazing for syracuse. No one could stop his drive or fast break. One of the most underrrated Cuse players imho. Not to mention his swag...we’ve been missing a player with swag since Dion and devo before that.

Kids a pure scorer. As Bees said Dion lite is a good call.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom