Class of 2018 - Jalen Smith (MD) to Maryland | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 Jalen Smith (MD) to Maryland

Jalen Smith has strong showing at the Metro Challenge - Breaks down the latest with his recruitment

Syracuse is another school that is deeply in the mix for Smith.

“I like the way Coach Boeheim plays, their two-three zone is deadly,” he said. “They are known for it and I like that they can get shots out of any play.”

Jim Boeheim recently made the decision to stay at Syracuse longer then he originally intended to. This decision factored into how Smith viewed the Orange as a possible landing spot for himself.

“At first I thought he was going to leave so it was kind of up in the air if I should go there or not,” Smith said. “Now that he is there for the long term they are in it for me.”
Man, I hope this goes in our favor. That sounded very positive. This kid would be an absolute monster get for the program.

Is this kid most likely a 4? If so, that might not help us. With Moyer and Brissett looking locked into that position, it already seems very crowded for the next 3-4 years.

Team Final Scrimmage: Recruiting Notebook

Virginia, Villanova, Maryland, Syracuse, and Arizona are all schools after Jalen Smith(2018/Mt. Saint Joseph, Md./Team Takeover). The 6-10 bouncy Baltimore native has been to two Villanova games this year and was on campus for a team camp. Expect to see Smith as an inside-out guy this summer on Team Takeover, dumping to a big man down low or even expanding his range out to the three-point line. Smith hopes to improve on his conditioning and strength before his final high school season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom