Jarron Jones Commits to Notre Dame | Syracusefan.com

Jarron Jones Commits to Notre Dame

Someday we'll catch one of these big fish.

And then hopefully it's easier to catch the next one.

Despite what everyone thinks, we were out of this race a LOOOONG time ago.

This kid didn't even have us in his top 5...yet some posters here were still blinded into believing we had some outside chance because of the momma.

Yeah right.

Maybe instead of 5 visits, he's going to have 5 verbals. We still may end up #6 on that list, but it will at least be more fun. Who's next?

Vomit. Glad we don't have to discuss him anymore, next!

Thought we had a shot at him as of last year but I guess we really weren't in the runnng for very long.

Jarron's older brother Matt Jones committed to Gump and was set to enroll at Syracuse August of 2008 but did not qualify academically. He went to Milford. Upon Marrone’s arrival in 2009 they did not re-recruit Matt and he ended up at Buffalo. He’s now playing at Gannon.

I’ve wondered if this played any kind of role in Marrone’s recruitment of Jarron. Marrone not bringing Matt back into the fold. People tend to hold grudges.

When JJ decommitted from PSU after his unofficial to ND, one could draw a conclusion that the writing was on the wall.

Jarron's older brother Matt Jones committed to Gump and was set to enroll at Syracuse August of 2008 but did not qualify academically. He went to Milford. Upon Marrone’s arrival in 2009 they did not re-recruit Matt and he ended up at Buffalo. He’s now playing at Gannon.

I’ve wondered if this played any kind of role in Marrone’s recruitment of Jarron. Marrone not bringing Matt back into the fold. People tend to hold grudges.

I've also wondered about this.

I've also wondered about this.
I thought about that too as well. And I wondered the same about Gronkowski's brother too.

Thing is though, when we have taken the "bum" brother, we still haven't landed the gem prospect. Eugene Brown (Kevin Brown) and Reggie McCoy (Rico McCoy) come to mind immediately. So who really knows how those things will play out. Having the brother doesn't necessarily make up for not being as attractive an environment.
Obviously Art Jones and Chandler Jones worked out really well, but neither as recruited at the level of Jarron Jones, Rob Gronkowski, Kevin Brown or Rico McCoy, so it's tough to tell.

FWIW we were chatting with Marrone at the Rochester scrimmage, and JJ came up to him smiling, they shook hands and chatted until DM took questions from the press. So:noidea:

Also, Gause was holding a mic for one of the TV stations and Marrone and QG had a friendly convo right after the questions stopped.

Time to concentrate our time in Ohio, VA and FLA. We've offered some good ones in Pace, Henry, Haley and Timms. Not big fish like JJ, but all have good upsides and are basically under the radar types, with the possible exception of Pace. I think we'll land 1-2 more DTs, but one may end up projecting at SDE, like Brantley. Coleman may even end up at center eventually. Unfortunately, we're not having luck getting the bigger, more physical DTs the caliber of Jones. But I'd be happy with a couple of those names from above.

Time to concentrate our time in Ohio, VA and FLA. We've offered some good ones in Pace, Henry, Haley and Timms. Not big fish like JJ, but all have good upsides and are basically under the radar types, with the possible exception of Pace. I think we'll land 1-2 more DTs, but one may end up projecting at SDE, like Brantley. Coleman may even end up at center eventually. Unfortunately, we're not having luck getting the bigger, more physical DTs the caliber of Jones. But I'd be happy with a couple of those names from above.

With the way Crume and Bromley are developing, we may not need them. Nice problem to have for a change.

I am wondering if some significant 3-4 looks are in our future with all these LB commits.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom